Amalaki, known as mother or nurse, is beneficial for hair, skin, and weight loss. It is good for the digestive tract, blood purification, liver detoxification and removes excess pitta from the gastrointestinal tract. It helps to strengthen the immune system.
Amazing uses of Amalaki
- Amalaki is an excellent Rasayana (ayurvedic rejuvenation).
- Good for digestion and liver detoxification
- Beneficial for blood purification
- A powerful antioxidant thus reduces the activity of free radicals.
- It is the richest source of vitamin C.
- It is suitable for hair and skin.
- Amalaki is effective for weight loss.
- Useful in treating cough, cold, sore throat, and respiratory tract infection.
- Having chemo-toxicity qualities.
- It contains minerals like carbohydrates, citric acid, calcium, vitamin A and iron.
- It is used as a home remedy for heart disease.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- It is used as a healing herb.
- It is an integral component of Triphala.
- It is used both as food as well as medicine.
- Used as aphrodisiac
- Used in mouth ulcers because of enriched content of vitamin C
- Smooth the elimination process of the body.
- Nourishing and strengthening the body.
- It promotes vitality.
5 Wonder benefits of Amalaki
- Amalaki for hair: The fruit juice is used for a hair wash to prevent premature greying and hair fall. It imparts a beautiful lustre and smoothens the hair.
- Skin: Because of its cooling and cleansing attributes, it is good for the skin. Applying the fruit pulp on the skin helps to alleviate the burning sensation and skin rashes. Sesame oil enhanced with Amalaki for body massage to promote the skin’s complexion. It prevents
wrinkling and keeps the skin healthy.
- Weight Loss: The dry powder massage (Udgharshana) with Triphala powder helps to reduce the subcutaneous fats in obesity.
- Eyesight: Daily eyewash with Triphala water improves the eyesight.
- Body luster: The mix of the paste of rind of Haritaki fruit and Amalaki, along with roots of Jatamansi, when applied before bathing, helps to make the body fragrant and lustrous.
Amalaki has a rejuvenating and anti-aging power. It is an integral component of Chyavanaprash. The Amalaki fruit is considered one of the strongest rejuvenators in traditional medicine. It prevents ageing, retains youthfulness, and is acclaimed as the universal Rasayana. The plant grows throughout India, 8-19 meters in height. The fruits are globose, pale yellow, fleshy. The Banarasi variety of fruits is supposed to be the best. The fruiting occurs in the winter:
Amalaki’s excellent preparation is Chyavanaprash, a rejuvenator and disease protector. Using Chyavanaprash with a glass of milk prevents ageing and improves complexion, memory, and sexual vitality. It is a mood booster that contains cough, asthma, sexual debility, and gout.