Meaning of bhujangasana
Bhujangasana where the upper trunk of the body raises just like as a Hood of Cobra or snake, that’s why, it is known as Cobra pose yoga. Bhujangasana is one of the few yogasanas, which gives benefits to the entire body from Toes to Head. Bhujangasana has many therapeutic benefits. If you practice Bhujangasana step by step considering its scientific and technical aspects, you can extract many of the unknown benefits of this important yoga pose. If you are facing difficulties in practicing Bhujangasana initially, you should do ardha bhujangasana first.
Top 10 benefits of Bhujangasana
- Prevent thyroid problems: Bhujangasana is good for thyroid as well as parathyroid glands. It gives soothing stretching to these glands thereby helps to minimise the symptoms of thyroid disease. It also helps to revitalize the throat region and health of the thyroid gland.
- Good for kidney: The practice of Cobra pose plays a vital role in the overall maintaining of kidney health. The asana removes the stagnant blood by compressing the kidneys. On resumption of the starting position the kidneys are irrigated with a fresh supply of blood. Bhujangasana overcomes this difficulty, improves the efficiency of the kidneys and thereby the health of the whole body
- Treats back pain: This is one of the best yoga asanas for back pain treatment. It provides soothing stretching to the entire spinal region and simultaneously loosening the muscles surrounding the vertebral column. It is quite effective for healthy spine.
- Good for asthma: The cobra pose ensures chest expansion and optimal lungs stretching thereby helpful in expanding of lung’s internal region. The expansion of the lungs capacity ensures to prevent from asthmatic attacks and respiratory congestion.
- Enhance digestion process: The regular practice of bhujangasana ensures proper secretion of gastric juices, which acts upon gastric problems such as indigestion, constipation, etc. It also massage to the organs of abdominal region such as stomach, pancreas, liver and gall bladder.
- Treats sciatic pain: The sciatica patients should practice cobra pose on regular basis. It not only lessens your pain, in fact cures the problems forever.
- Good stress management: The asana is effective in overcoming of stress and anxiety. The adrenal glands, situated on top of the kidneys, receive a good massage and so are encouraged to work more efficiently. The hormones of these glands are good for our mind and body and relieves from tension.
- Slipped disc: The slipped disc patients will also be benefited from the practice of this yoga pose.
- Alleviates rheumatism: Cortisone is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands. Bhujangasana helps to maintain and encourage the correct secretion of this hormone and has been found very useful in alleviating rheumatism.
- Activates Kundalini :Bhujangasana ensures a synergy various plexuses, nerves and nerves cells, which ultimately helps to stimulates your Kundalini power.
Wonder benefits of bhujangasana
Besides the above mentioned health benefits, the Cobra yoga pose is also known for beauty, curing sexual problems and effective in weight loss. Some of the surprising benefits of bhujangasana are given below:
- Weight Loss: The yoga pose is known to burn belly fat. Maintaining the pose for a longer period of time gives adequate stretching to the entire abdominal region. It also regulates the metabolic process in the body and helps to overcoming weight and obesity. It not only solve the weight problems yet beneficial for flat stomach too.
- Sexual disorders: Gynaecological problems like leucorrhea, dysmenorrhea, syphilis, amenorrhea, etc. is greatly benefited from this yoga pose. It is beneficial for the health of ovary and uterus, and also good for menstrual cycle
- Eye sight: Practicing this yoga pose enable abrupt blood circulation to the entire ENT region, which directly or indirectly helps in removing of dirt and finer particles from your facial region.