What is leucoderma/Vitiligo
Leucoderma or vitiligo is a skin disorder that is caused due to lack of melanin that leads to de-pigmentation of skin where the skin experiences white patches. It is the women group, who are more affected by this disease. The white patches are more common on the hand, wrist, neck, and back. It is an autoimmune disease, which brings the person on a huge stress level. Low perspiration in the body indicates the coming of some skin diseases such as leucoderma, boils, prickly heat, and dark spots. The disease is more common with dark people. The disease leads to mental, emotional, social, and psychological stress, which directly or indirectly affects the patient’s health. Facial vitiligo is quite embarrassing and disturbs the person’s social, mental, and emotional quotients.
There are many symptoms and signs of vitiligo. Some of the important signs are being given.
- A minor white patch may take bigger form and also spread
- Greying of hair
- Mood swings
- Cold and cough pro
- Hair fall
How leucoderma caused
There are many reasons for white patches on the skin. Some of the important factors, which are responsible for the disease, are:
- Melanin pigment deficiency
- Accidental factor such as cut, burn, and scratches
- Immunity disturbances
- Worm infestation
- Calcium deficiency
- Stress & tension
- Emotional distress
- Perspiration problem
- Chronic gastric disorder
- Acute gastrointestinal problems
- Burn injuries
- Impaired hepatic
- Skin inflammation
- Steroid injection
- Wearing tight clothes
- Tattoos on the skin
- Using rubber gloves
- Allergy factors such as deodorants, paints, adhesives, etc.
- Bindi on the forehead may also the reason for it.
List of Yoga for leucoderma cure
All the Yoga poses and asanas are effective in developing stamina and improving body immunity. Yoga exercises help to develop new cells and remove away the dead cells from the skin. If you perform yoga with techniques and under the supervision of an expert, there is a greater probability of regulating all the body parts of the body along with excess perspiration. It is the release of perspiration, which minimizes the occurrence of skin problems including leucoderma. Simultaneously, Yoga acts on the endocrine glands of the body thus regulate the production of hormones.
- Nadisodhana Pranayama
- Bharamri Pranayama
- Sitkari Pranayama
- Sitali Pranayama
Leucoderma diet tips
- Take fresh fruits as it helps to increase your immunity.
- More and more fluid should be taken to maintain the pH balance.
- Green and fresh vegetable are good as it enhances the immune system of the body.
- Avoid oily and spicy foods
- Reduce the intake of milk
- Adequate sleep is a must as it makes your mind and body refresh.
- Avoid excessive intake of beverages i.e. tea, coffee, alcohol
- Avoid red meat
- Excess sun exposure may harm your skin and cause itching and rashes
- One should use soaps cautiously as the detergents may aggravate the problems.
Best home remedies for leucoderma
- Make a paste of radish seeds (20 gms) and vinegar (2tsp). Now, apply the paste on the white patches, show good results.
- The mix of turmeric and mustard oil is good for white patches. Method: Soak turmeric (500 gms) into water (5 litres). Boil the mixture till it reduces to half litres. Strained the mixture and add mustard oil (400 gms). Use the mixture twice a day on the affected parts of the body.
- Make a paste of basil leaves and lime juice. Apply the mixture on the spots. It is good to sensitize the production of melanin pigment.
- Ginger juice is helpful in leucoderma treatment. Method: Make a paste of ginger juice and red clay and apply the same on the white patches. It is good to minimize the gravity of de-pigmentation.
Leucoderma spread prevention
To stop the spread of Vitiligo prevention, the following preventive measures should be taken care of:
- Diet-related with vitamin C should be avoided.
- Try to protect yourself from the cut, burn, and scratches.
- Extremely avoid taking steroids.
- Yoga asana can do a lot in white patches prevention and restriction.
- Meditation (Dhyana) is just like medicine in restricting and controlling vitiligo.
- Initially, homeopathy treatment also augments the spread of white patches.
- Changes in the modern and faulty lifestyle are of utmost importance to prevent it.
- One should also try to avoid swimming as it facilitates the spreading of it.
Children vitiligo precautions
- Immunity of the children is extremely important to prevent the disease.
- Utmost attention should be given to the dietary habits of the kid.
- Hygiene, cleanness, and sanitation should take care of.
- Junk foods, fast foods, and beverages like soft drinks should be avoided as it reduces immunity.
- Handwashing habits should be developed as it helps to get rid of bacteria and viruses.
- Exposure from cold to warm and vice versa should be avoided as it disturbs the immunity.
- In children’s vitiligo treatment, easy digest homemade foods should be given.
- Taking of cold and warm foods should be avoided.