What do you mean by Utthita parsvakonasana?
Utthita Parsvakonasana is comprised of Utthita means ‘extended’, Parsva means ‘side or flank’, Kona means ‘angle’ and asana means ‘yoga pose’. Utthita Parsvakonasana is pronounced as oo-TEE-tah parsh-vah-cone-AHS-anna. This is one of the important standing yoga poses wherein the body muscles and nerves experienced adequate stretching. Since the powerful yoga gives appropriate stretching from toes to fingers and involves muscular and nerves stimulation of body parts like legs, ankles, groin, chest, lungs, shoulders, spine and abdomen therefore, aptly, it is regarded as modern exercise yoga. The easy, simple steps and instructions of Utthita Parsvakonasana.
10 excellent benefits of Utthita Parsvakonasana
I have been giving yoga classes for the last 10 years. I have already given yoga training to thousands of yoga practitioners and on the basis of my vast experience; I am sharing the top 10 excellent benefits of Utthita Parsvakonasana.
- Weight loss: If you are anxious about losing weight naturally, don’t dishearten. Practice yoga and especially include Utthita Parsvakonasana in your exercise routine. You will get something surprising and positive results within a week. The yoga pose gives adequate stretch to the entire body. The condition is that you have to practice it on a regular basis and gradually increase the maintaining time as per your convenience. The result might be also wondering if you practice it with a yoga expert.
- Cardiac health: The practicing of the yoga pose helps to increase pressure within the chest cavity applies a good massage to the heart. The pose tones the heart and strengthens its muscles. The whole body is dependent on a good supply of blood and Utthita Parsvakonasana helps in this way to improve one’s health. The sluggish and stagnant blood is squeezed out of the spinal regions and encouraged to recirculate to the heart and lungs for purification.
- Improves digestion: The practicing of the yoga pose rendered more efficient thus allowing better digestion of food. It promotes the correct secretion of digestive juices and thereby allows optimum assimilation of nutrients from the food that we eat. Furthermore, it prevents and removes various digestive maladies such as constipation, indigestion, hyperacidity, hypoacidity, flatulence and sluggishness of the liver, etc. All these are important factors in preventing indigestion, obtaining the best possible assimilation of nutrients into the body as well as eliminating other digestive ailments.
- Reduces the size of the waist: The stretching due to the pose has a wonderful influence in the region of the waist. The entire nervous system is toned up, especially the spinal nerves. It loosens up the muscles and joints of the whole body; in fact, we can say it is a compound asana that systematically revitalizes the entire body. This asana tones up the waist, back and hip joints. It is particularly useful for removing spinal stiffness. If you have been sitting or standing in one position for a long period of time, you will more than likely feel very stiff. This is an excellent asana for quickly and effectively removing this stiffness.
- Legs strength: If you have leg problems viz. weak muscles, knee pain, alignment , etc., one should perform it for better result. It helps to improve the blood circulations thus good for the overall health of well-being.
- Stamina development: The practice of the yoga pose helps to develop stamina and endurance of the body. It ensures both mental and physical endurance, flexibility of mind and body, mental peace, perfect coordination and condition of all organs, muscles and nerves in the body.
- Expansion of lungs: The rib cage and lungs are given an accentuated stretch which helps to improve the breathing process by allowing the chest to expand to full capacity during respiration. It is therefore a good asana for those people who suffer from asthma, bronchitis or any other lung ailments. All the abdominal organs are massaged. This massage is accentuated by the deep inhalation and retention of breath.
- Knees pain: It gives adequate stretching to toes, ankles, knees, calf, hips and the entire leg region. The regular practice of it helps to overcome knees pain and also correct leg deformity.
- Spinal health: The whole body is stretched, which loosens up the entire spinal column from top to bottom. Furthermore, the abdominal organs and muscles are toned up. The overall result is an excellent alternate compression and extension of these nerves and muscles bringing them into the best possible condition. The stagnant blood is squeezed out of the spinal regions and encouraged to recirculate to the heart and lungs for purification, which also contributes much to bringing the spinal muscles and nerves into optimum health.
- Treats infertility: Practice of this asana applies a powerful massage to the sexual organs, helping to improve their efficiency and remove malfunctions. It tones up the sexual organs and glands and so forth.