Setu Bandhasana meaning
Setu Bandhasana is also known as Bridge Pose Yoga. This is one of the important yoga poses in the supine position. Though, it is having many health benefits if practiced systematically and scientifically. To learn how to do Setu Bandhasana step by step and extract many of its benefits, you may click the latter link. If you want better relaxation along with calming your mind and body, you should practice this yoga.
10 benefits of Setu Bandhasana
- Thyroid treatment: The butterfly shape thyroid gland in the neck region receives suitable actions and appropriate massage due to performing this yogasana, which ensures proper secretion of thyroxin hormone. This hormone is beneficial for hypo and hyper thyroidism. Practicing this asana also helps to make thyroid gland healthy and diseases free.
- Weight Loss: The proper massage of thyroid gland helps to control the metabolic process in the body, which directly or indirectly manages your weight. One can take maximum stretching in the belly region, which may be useful for belly fat burning and making the stomach flat.
- Hair fall: Bridge pose yoga is good for healthy hair. Doing the asana along with above mentioned technique ensures smooth flow of oxygen and nutrients in the scalp region. It makes your follicle stronger and nutritionally enriched, which is good to prevent hair fall and hair loss.
- Depression: You can fight your depression by practicing this yogasana. For depression, it acts like as an anxiety therapy. Now, the question is raised how bridge pose will help to lessen the symptoms of depression. The yogasana provides soothing massage to your entire spine. This action is not only good for the vertebral column in fact energizes the networks of nerves inside the spine. This entire process calming and soothing your mind thus helps in synchronization of body and mind. This calming effect to the brain, ensures in combating of depression and its related symptoms.
- Facial skin: The regular practice of this asana is also good for fair complexion. It enhances the beauty of your face by ensuring supply of more oxygen and essential nutrients to the facial region. It revitalizes the cells and tissues of face and helps to make it fresh and refresh.
- Back pain: If you are suffering from perennial back pain, it is suggested to perform this yogasana in the presence of a good yoga master. He will allow providing the spine a suitable stretch, which in turn helps in easing of back pain. It will be also beneficial to make your spine healthy and strong. Performing the asana technically will help you to remove strain and sprain from the entire vertebral column.
- Tennis elbow: Tennis elbow is a transient pain that happens in the elbow region. Appropriate rest will help you to come out of the problem. This yoga exercise gives suitable stretch on the elbow region, and acts as a pain reliever from elbow.
- Digestion: Due to faulty lifestyle, our digestion process faces serious threats, which lead to irregular secretion of gastric juices from gastric glands. Unbalanced secretion of such digestive enzymes causes constipation, indigestion and problems related with stomach disorders. But the practice of bridge pose helps in sorting out this problem and ensures proper secretion of enzymatic juices. This asana is also good for colon health as it stretches and massages to the abdominal organs, especially the colon.
- Asthma: If you are suffering from any respiratory problems, it is recommended that while performing this pose, take adequate stretching in the chest or lungs region, which will help in expanding your lungs thereby preventing you from respiratory problems
- Weak legs: A large number of people are having legs pain, legs weakness, now and then spasm, twisting, etc. Maintaining Setu Bandhasana helps in strengthening your weak legs. It also makes your buttocks, hips, thighs, and muscles of the entire leg stronger.