Yoga classes in Canada
Yoga is one of the popular health and fitness exercise programs in Canada. One can observe yoga studios, centres, and classes in all metros, cities, and small towns of Canada. People like to throng in the yoga classes and sweat off to become themselves de-stressed, energetic and relaxed. Power yoga and hot yoga are also practised enthusiastically.
10 best yoga studios and centres in Canada
- Downward Dog Yoga Centre: The centre is known for Ashtanga and Vinyasa yoga, which Diane Bruni and Red Reid have run for the last 20 years. They have structured yoga programmes and also offer Yin and restorative yoga. Address: Downward Dog Yoga Centre, 735 Queen St. West, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, Ph: 416-703-8805, Website: downwarddog.org
- YY Yoga: The studio specialises in hot, power, flow, restorative and yin yoga. They teach 24 styles of yoga and conduct thousands of classes every week. Besides yoga, the studio also has the facility for circuit training, cycling and meditation classes. Address: YYoga, 333 Queen St W#327, Toronto, Ontario, Ph: +14167922211, website: yyoga.ca
- Moksha Yoga Uptown: The yoga studio is known for various courses, viz. modo, fusion, power flow, modo flow, modo yin, karma, and modo live music. They also conduct hot yoga. Address: 242-2083 Alma Street, Vancouver, BC V6R1T9, Ph (604) 569-3650, Website:vancouver.modoyoga.com
- Halifax Yoga Studio: It is located in Eastern Canada and is known for Baptiste power vinyasa yoga, MarDocs yoga, Baptiste inspired flow, Aroma flow, Aroma restorative, Hot power, Flow, Soulful flow, Yin, etc. The yoga centre conducts 40 yoga classes weekly and offers 200-hour teacher training. Address: 7 Purcell’s Cove Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3N1R2, Ph: +1(902) 406, Yoga(9642), Website: halifaxyoga.com
- Iyashi Bedrock Spa: The spa centre is known for rejuvenating and detoxifying yoga processes. They like to perform Yin yoga at 44 Celsius high temperature. Their yoga classes are also designed for weight loss, sickness prevention, anxiety, anti-ageing and maximum sweat off. Address: Iyashi Bedrock Spa, 2662, Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M4P2J5, Ph: 416-4488-7625, website:iyashibedrockspa.com
- Body Balance Yoga Studio: The yoga studio in Vancouver mainly caters for the demands of working women, considering their busy schedules. They are known for Goddess yoga classes, which include Vinyasa with modern techniques.
- Whistler Yogacara Centre: The yoga centre under Emily Kane is known for Kundalini yoga. It is located in British Columbia.
- Sun Studio: Sun yoga studio is in Queen Charlotte, British Columbia. The studio follows restorative yoga classes, including yoga Nidra. The Queen Charlotte Yoga Centre also offers specific yoga for spinal flexibility, head and shoulder.
- Feel Good Yoga and Pilates Studio: The studio offers yoga, pilates and yoga teacher training classes in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Life Yoga Studio: It is known for its Acroyoga class, an amalgam of yoga and acrobatics, which requires many lifting and varied technique processes. It is located in Edmonton, Alberta.
Important Yoga Centres in Canada
- Rocky Mountain Yoga: The yoga studio is known for noon midweek classes and offers yoga classes for all ages. It is located in Banff, Alberta.
- Bodhi Tree Yoga Studio: The Bodhi Tree Yoga of Regina, Saskatchewan, primarily focused on yoga therapy for chronic pain patients. They created yoga classes in small groups to have maximum benefits.
- Yoga Barre: The Yoga Barre studio in Winnipeg, Manitoba, offers spin stretch and spin flow yoga focusing on breathing patterns.
- Studio 330: If you want to go deeper into yoga, studio 330 is good for you; it offers yoga with a props in Kingston, Ontario.
- Power Yoga Canada: The studio is situated in the heart of Muskoka Lakes, Ontario, where Vinyasa yoga is practised. According to them, the advanced state of yoga is connecting one’s movement with breath instead of putting legs over the head.
- Muskoka Hot Yoga: It offers power yoga and Zen classes for cardio, strength, and stretching.
- Breath Yoga Centre: The Breathe Yoga in Toronto, Ontario, props specialises in yoga for stiff men and yoga for seniors. From time to time, the studio also offers yoga workshops.
- Yoga Fitness Studio: They specialise in Air, Bikram Vinyasa, Yin and Hot Yoga located in Quebec City.
- Luna Yoga Studio: It is in Montreal, Quebec and offers Jivamukti, Vinyasa and yoga classes like Yin flo, Metta flo, and Chakra flo.
- Yasmin Yoga Centre: The yoga studio specialises in therapeutic yoga, Ayurveda and meditation. It is located in old Montreal.
- Nova Yoga Studio: The yoga studio of St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador offers neurogenic yoga, self-care Sundays, slow-down Sundays, yoga for guys and yoga retreats throughout the year.
- Yoga on York: They offer yoga for pregnancy, postnatal, moms, babies and toddlers. The studio is in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Sanctuary Yoga and Massage Studio: They conduct yoga on the balls, located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
- Club Yoga: They offer Kundalini and Hatha yoga based in Ottawa. Address: Ph:613 228-9235, website: www.clubyoga.ca
- Yoga Centre Winnipeg: The studio offers Ashtanga, Iyengar, Vinyasa and relaxation yoga. Address: 915 Grosvenor Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3M0M5, Ph: (204)222, website: yogacentrewinnipeg.com
- Yoga OM Studio: They are known for Hatha yoga and meditation, located in St.John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador. Ph: (709) 237-3689, website: yoga-om.ca
- Paul Broomfield: The yoga studio is known for corporate and tailor-made yoga classes. It is stationed in Montreal, Quebec. Ph: (438) 580-9640, Website: paulbroomfield.com
- Satya Yoga Sutton: The yoga centre offers Hot Yoga, Hatha, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Yin, Acro and Aerial yoga. They also provide teacher training yoga courses. Address: 34-A, Rue Principal N. Sutton, QC JOE 2K0, Ph: (450) 522-0918, website: Satya-yoga-sutton.com
- Yoga Invivo: They specialise in Hatha yoga, Vinyasa, meditation, etc., and are stationed at 2828 Boul.Laurier, Complexe Jules Dallaire, Tour 1, Suite 345, Quebec City, Ph: (581) 742-9642, website: yogainvivo.com
- Yoga Mala: The yoga studio is known for Ashtanga yoga, Vinyasa, Moksha, Hatha, Restorative, Pilates, etc. Address: 1775 Scarth Street, Regina, Saskatchewan S44P2G2, Ph: (306) 352-9642, Website: yogamala.com