After the age of Liberalisation, Privatisation, and Globalisation, the Hotel and Tourism industries have experienced robust growth. Since more or less all the states are giving utmost thrust on Tourism. Therefore, the scope and significance of Hotel Management are increasing daily. The deserving candidate is getting a handsome salary in this field.
Hotel Management Courses
Several courses are offered in the field of Hotel Management. The different courses are
- Diploma in Hotel Management (DHM)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management ( PGDHM)
- M.Sc. in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management
- Diploma in Housekeeping
- Diploma in Bakery
- Diploma in Confectionary
Hotel Management Courses Eligibility
The minimum qualification for the Diploma and Bachelor Hotel Management courses is 10+2. Since the Hotel Industry is a big business and an essential part of tourism, its importance multiplied because of the more significant number of people worldwide visiting India every year. Therefore, English is a compulsory subject. More or less, all the institutions take the written tests for the courses, followed by group discussion (GD) sessions and interview rounds.
Hotel Management Jobs – Jobs Opportunity
After the boom in the tourism industry, there is no such shortage of jobs in Hotel Management. After passing out from the respective institutions, one can get a job in the catering sector of railways, airlines, shipping companies, banks, etc. There is a greater possibility that jobs are also available in hotels, hospitals, factories, university canteens, etc.
Hotel Management Career
The hotel management industry is in its booming stage. About 2.5 million people work in India’s hotel, catering, and allied sectors. As the number of Urban centres and agglomerations is increasing daily, the job prospects are also multiplying.
Hotel Management Admission: Best Hotel Management Colleges
- AK Hafizka College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies & Research, Mumbai (www.anjumanihmct.org )
- Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore (www.aihmctbangalore.com)
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, New Delhi ( www.bcihmct.ac.in)
- IGNOU( www.ignou.nic.in)
- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Noida ( www. nchmct.org)
- LBIIHM, Delhi (www.lbiihm.com)
- Kurushetra University (www.kuk.ac.in)
- Noida College of Hotel Management (www.nchmnoida.com)
- Nam Institute of Professional Studies, New Delhi ( www.namedu.net)
- FHRAI Institute of Hospitality Management, Greater Noida (www.fhraiinstitute.com)
- Heritage Institute of Hotel and Tourism, Agra (www.hihtagra.com)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore (www.ihmbangalore.com)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology, & Applied Nutrition, Mumbai ( www.ihmctan.edu)
- Merit Swiss Asian School of Hotel Management, Ooty, (www.meritworldwide.com)
- Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development, New Delhi (www.oberoihotel.com)
- Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal (www.manipal.edu)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Applied Nutrition, Dehradun
- Institute of Hotel Management at Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Bhubneshwar, Chennai, New Delhi, Gangtok, Goa, Gurdaspur, and Guwahati
Types of Hotel Management Jobs
- General Manager
- Resident Manager
- Executive Housekeepers
- Front Office Manager
- Convention Services Manager
Top Hiring Companies
Companies which are hiring managers and housekeepers:
Oberoi Group of Hotels, Peerless Group of Hotels, Sinclairs Group of Hotels, Fortune Park Group of Hotels, ITDC Group of Hotels, Jaypee Group of Hotels, K Raheja Group of Hotels, LeMeridian Group of Hotels, Taj Group of Hotels, Tulip Star Group of Hotels, Welcome Heritage Group of Hotels, ITC Group of Hotels, Ambassador Group of Hotels, Mansingh Group of Hotels, etc.
Hotel Management Salary and Package
Remuneration and Package in Hotel Management vary from organisation to organisation. The salary for different types of jobs ranges from Rs. Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000. The deserving candidates get a fat paycheck.