The importance of pure rose water for the beauty of skin and hair is no secret to anybody. Rosewater has been used since ancient times for the beauty of face, skin, hair, eyes, acne, skin lightening, and fairness. Because of its multiple benefits, it is known as the ‘Wonder of Nature’. Arq Gulab is loved by everybody across the world because of its natural skincare benefits. It has in-depth potential to make your face glow and fair complexion; therefore it is the common beauty ingredients of every household. It is a natural antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory. In respect of all types of skins including dry one, it has beneficial impacts on all of them.
But before purchasing rose water, you should make sure that it should be 100 % pure and without chemicals. It is better to make rose water at home.
10 surprising benefits of rose water
- Rosewater for anti-aging: The regular application of rose water on the face helps to make your skin soft and glowing due to the presence of antioxidants and vitamins.
- Rosewater for hair: The application of rose water on the scalp works wonder. It nourishes, conditioning, and moisture are the hair follicles thereby promotes hair health like hair shining, long hair, hair beauty, etc. It makes dandruff at bay.
- Rosewater for skin beauty: It lessens the redness, beneficial for dermatitis and eczema because of anti-inflammatory properties. Due to pollution and our faulty lifestyle, the skin pores get clogged. The application of rose water helps to open up the clogged skin pores and also removes dirt and oils.
- Rosewater for face: It makes the skin hydrated, keeps it moist and smooth thereby give your face a glowing look.
- Rosewater heals scars: It heals scars due to anti-bacterial properties that lead to a fresh and refreshing look to your personality.
- Antioxidant properties: Because of the antioxidant properties of rose water, it enhances your skin immunity and helps in regenerating skin tissues.
- Rosewater for tone skin: It makes our skin tone because of astringent features. It is suggested that to make your skin tone and smart, apply rose water just after steaming your face.
- Rosewater for pH balance: Rosewater is good irrespective of all skins, helps to maintain acidity and alkalinity to control oils, and provides fairness and lightening to skin.
- Rosewater reduces anxiety and stress: Rosewater is used in aromatherapy. The fragrance of rose water creates an atmosphere of well-being and acts like a mood elevator, stress buster, and anxiety reliever. Along with lessening stress, it also promotes sound sleep.
- Benefits of drinking rose water: The drinking of rose water helps in delaying skin aging by removing wrinkles, pimples, acne, and blemishes. As per ayurvedic texts that the drinking of rose water helps to balance Sadhaka Pitta, which is associated with romance and love. As far as its side effects of drinking is concerned, it is almost negligible. Drinking it is helpful to weight loss and also recommended in pregnancy. Some people also use it in tea.
11 best uses of rose water
This is my personal experience of using rose water on my fingers and palms in the winter season. During winter, my fingers skin gets dry looks awkward. One of my friends suggested me to use a mix of rose water and glycerin on my fingers and palms before going to bed. It is my surprise that I experienced positive results within three days. All the black scars get vanished. Thanks to my friend’s advice and use of the said natural product on time. Let’s know the other important wonderful uses of rose water.
- Rosewater use for skin freshness: One can spray rose water over one’s face throughout the year, but it is more required in the summer scorching sun to protect from sun burning. On the other hand, after having makeup, you may spray rose water mist on your face to make your makeup long-lasting as it helps to smooth and softens your skin for a long time. It helps to make your skin fresh, refresh, and hydrated.
- Use of rose water for hair shining: Rosewater can be used to make your hair shining. Apply the mix of rose water and glycerin over your scalp. Leave it for 20-30 minutes followed by washing the same through shampoo.
- Rosewater as a facial cleanser: If you are fed up with chemical facial cleanser, I have a natural facial cleanser for you in the form of rose water. Apply the mix of rose water and glycerin over the face, it will give you more cleansing and whitening than the so-called chemical facial cleanser.
- Rosewater use to remove wrinkles: It can be used to remove wrinkles and puffiness under or surrounding your eyes. For this, put a bottle of rose water in the fridge. Apply a few drops of it on a cotton pad and place the same below your eyes to remove the puffiness.
- Use of rose water as hair conditioning: The use of available market conditioner may bring side effects to your hair in the long runs. After shampooing, rinses rose water to the conditioning and shining of your hair.
- Rosewater used as facial toner: Facial toners available are loaded with chemical and alcohol, simultaneously makes your skin dry hard. Used cool rose water as a facial toner. It makes your skin soft. It’s relevance as a facial toner is also increases because of its astringent properties.
- Rosewater for acne remover: It is used as an acne remover. The application of the mix of lemon juice and rose water helps to remove acne, pimples, and other scars from the face.
- Rosewater for makeup remover: It is a wonderful makeup remover. To clean makeup, it is suggested to use a mix of coconut oil and rose water over the makeup area for astonishing results. It not only removes your makeup but also good for your softening and soothing.
- Rosewater for skin rashes: Rosewater is beneficial to protect you from sunburn. Use the cool mixture of rose water and Tulsi leaves after coming from the sun. It helps to combat rashes, itchiness, and redness and finally leads your skin towards a fair complexion.
- As an eye drop: Rosewater is used as an eye drop for eyes health as well as for eyes beauty.
- Rosewater for lip makeup: Take grind beetroot and mix it with fresh rose water. Now, apply the paste on the lips. Leave it for 10-15 minutes followed by washing the same with fresh water. It makes your lip soft and healthy.
How to make rose water at home?
The preparation of pure rose water at home is easy and simple. Let’s know the recipe for rose water. Take the mixture of distilled water (1 litre) and petal of rose (50 grams). Keep the same in the sunlight for 3-4 days. After then filtrate it and put the same in the fridge to use from time to time. The other simple way to make rose water at home is to boil the mixture of distilled water (1 litre) and rose petal (50 grams) on a low flame unless and until it becomes half. Filtrate it and make cool the liquid in the refrigerator. One can also make rose water or Arq Gulab of Hamdard