There are some important warnings and side effects associated with pineapple juice. These should be taken care of before drinking the juice. Pineapple juice contains a powerful enzyme called bromelain that may cause diarrhea, stomach disorders, and show quick ill response to allergic person.
Pineapple juice precautions
- During pregnancy period, one should avoid pineapple juice as it leads to the contraction of uterus, which may cause miscarriage. Uterine contraction may also lead to increased menstrual flow.
- Bromelain may cause abortions.
- Excess pineapple or pineapple juice should be avoided. It can show bad effects on tooth enamel and gums and may cause to gingivitis and cavities.
- Bromelain interferes with blood clotting and blood thinning drugs.
- The person, who is detected with diabetes, should avoid taking pineapple juice as it is associated with high in sugar and calories. Obese person should also skip it.
- If you want more roughage and fiber, it is suggested to use pineapple as a whole instead of taking pineapple juice.
- If you have allergic symptoms, it is wise to stop taking bromelain.
Pineapple juice side effects
- Proper ripened pineapple juice should be consumed because the raw fruit juice is extremely harmful for the body may invite other complications including throat problems.
- Applying slice of pineapple over the face is good to remove moles, acne, pimples and wrinkles. But one shouldn’t leave the pineapple applied portion for more than 5 minutes because the presence of alpha hydroxyl acid may harm and burn the skin.
- Eating more amount of pineapple leads to swelling on the lips, cheeks and tongue.
- Sometimes, eating pineapple shows breathing difficulties, especially with allergic person.
- Bromelain breaks down protein, so, it should be avoided by those who want his/her muscle size/strength.
- Excessive drinking of pineapple juice destroys mouth mucous membrane and stops mucus formation in the mouth.
- Use of more and more of pineapple can cause the formation of fiber balls in the digestive tract.
Pineapple juice warnings
- Pineapple juice shouldn’t be taken in large quantity.
- One may experience vomiting and diarrhea of excess use of the juice.
- Breast feeding mother should avoid the use of pineapple.
- While applying pineapple juice over the face, one should take utmost precautions for eyes. Pineapple juice shouldn’t spread into eyes as the alpha hydroxyl acid may harm the eyes seriously.
- If somebody is going for surgery, the concerned person should avoid taking pineapple before and after a fortnight.
- Use fresh pineapple juice instead of shop one because the fresh juice contains more number of nutrients and in the commercial juice, bromelain gets destroy due to commercial heating thereby the user lacks important benefits of pineapple juice.
What happens you drink too much of Pineapple juice
- Pineapple has great tenderizer in-built capacity; therefore drinking too much of the fruit can lead to tenderness of the mouth, including the lips, tongue and cheeks.
- One may feel rash, hives or breathing difficulties because of pineapple allergy.
- The fruit contains high amount of vitamin C. Consuming of it in large quantities may result to diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- Since the fruit contains a bio-chemical substance bromelain, the excess of the juice can induce skin rashes and excessive menstrual bleeding.
- The patients who are taking antibiotics, anticoagulants, blood thinners, anticonvulsants, barbiturates and insomnia drugs should take it after the consultation of physician.
- The eating too much of juice can cause digestive tract fire balls.