Benefits of Jeera
Cumin seeds also known as Jeera, used since ancient time to enhance food taste, medicinal purposes, and in many traditional cuisines. It has multiple health benefits such as aid in digestion, improving immunity, treating piles, asthma, bronchitis, etc.
Best uses of cumin seeds
- Jaljira a product of Cumin seeds is generally taken before meals as an appetizer.
- The mix of buttermilk and few drops of oil when cooked with cumin seeds, helps to aid in digestion. It is generally preferred to take after eating spicy and oily foods.
- Cumin seeds has the ability to cure acute indigestion when 2 tsp of it is taken along with warm water before meal.
- If you have acidity, hyperacidity, stomach burning, anorexia and gaseous distension; No problem, take the mix of 2 gm of cumin seeds along with coriander juice, cardamom and salt for better result.
- For mouth bad taste, some small quantity of Cumin seeds may be chewed before food for wonderful results.
- The patients suffering from constipation, worm infestation, and fever; it is better idea to take 1 tsp of cumin seeds along with warm water 3-4 times per day.
- For insect bite, paste of cumin seeds and Ghee should be applied on the affected area to lessen pain and inflammation.
- For halitosis (bad breath), gargling should be done with infusion of seeds of black caraway.
- Postpartum period woman should be given seeds of caraway to cleanse uterus and improve lactation.
- It is one of the few spices that is used more or less in all recipes.