Premature hair fall is common in men due to some important causative factors. For thinning of fair, some of the important reasons are age, hereditary, pregnancy, bleaching, coloring, menopause, PCOS, stress, diabetes, medications, illness, etc. There are many cost-effective solutions are available, which can prevent hair loss naturally. Here, some of the important hair fall prevention steps, home remedies to control hair loss as well as natural tips are being given, which can be tried at home to stop hair permanently.
How to control hair loss naturally
If you are using synthetic chemicals to stop hair loss, it is temporary in nature and simultaneously brings many side effects. It is better to use the easiest, simplest, and the most inexpensive ways to make your hair grow faster, shining, glowing, and controlling thinning prematurely.
- Scalp massage: Massaging your head with fingertips helps to enhance blood circulation and makes your hair follicle energies and active. Massaging gently helps to improve blood circulation thereby contributing to the re-growth of hair. Method: Massage your scalp with coconut oil, lavender oil, almond oil, amla oil, or sesame oil for 5 to 10 minutes and leave it for the whole night followed by washing the same in the morning with fresh water and herbal shampoo. Do the practice twice a week for positive results.
- Stress buster ways: Try to find those ways, which are helpful in reducing stress, strain, and tension. Meditation and Pranayamas (Anulom Vilom and Bhramri) are effective in alleviating stress and depression thus good in controlling hair fall.
- Protein-rich foods: Taking protein-rich foods such as soy, fish, lean meat, yeast, eggs, beans, and yogurt are good for treating hair loss and preventing baldness.
- Say no to junk foods: Try to avoid oily, junk, and fried foods as these diets are the major culprits to reduce hair loss. One should restrict burger, sugary foods, caffeine, carbonated drinks, excessive tofu, etc. as preventive steps for thinning of hair.
- Vitamin: Vitamin plays an important role in the prevention of hair fall and controlling baldness. Massaging with vitamin E oil is effective for hair growth and fragile hair. Vitamin A (sweet potato), B, C, and Biotin are good for prevention of hair fall and stimulating hair growth.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda medicines are even prescribed by the modern doctor for hair fall treatment. Eating white sesame seeds; applying mashed ingredients of beans + fenugreek; rubbing the scalp with castor oil, mustard oil, and coconut oil; eating ginger & honey; all these are helpful in the prevention of hair fall.
- Homeopathy medicine: Arsenicum album, graphites, thuja, silica, phosphorous, lycopodium, and kali carbonicum are important as natural hair loss remedies.
- Yoga poses: Yoga asanas such as Sirsasana (Headstand Pose) and Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand pose) are good in protecting hair and making it stronger internally. These poses also enhance the flow of blood.
- Avoid: alcohol, beverages, harsh shampoo, conditioners, stiff hairstyle & braids, pro-inflammatory foods
- Apple cider vinegar: Rinsing the hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea is good for hair growth
- Licorice +Milk: When the mix of the paste of licorice extract and milk is applied on the scalp is helpful in the prevention of baldness and hair growth.
- Nature cure: One should give more weightage to fresh vegetables and salads. Green vegetables, sprouts, legumes, fresh and seasonal fruits should be preferred.
- Oil for hair: The oil that is good for hair growth and thinning of hair control is sesame oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil, mustard oil, olive oil, canola oil, egg oil, and aroma oil. It is suggested that one should massage his/her scalp with either of these oil as an effective home remedy for hair.
- Fatty acid: Take Omega-3 fatty acid-rich foods like egg yolks, milk, and fish eggs, all are powerful agents to minimize the intensity of hair thinning.
- Yogurt: The mix of amla, shikaki powder, and curd is good in the treatment of hair. The paste is applied over the scalp and left for 10-15 minutes followed by washing it with fresh water. This is one of the wonderful home remedies to treat hair. The mix of curd, lemon, and mustard oil when applied over the scalp and wash it after 30 minutes, is helpful in this regard.
- Warm towel treatment: First of all, dip a towel in hot water, squeeze it properly. Now cover your head with the warm towel and left it for 10 minutes. Remove your towel and feel the difference in the thinning of hair.
- Use of Henna: Application of Henna over the scalp is an excellent choice as it strengthens the hair follicles and cuticle. It also protects hair from thinning.
- Sebaceous gland rubbing: The gentle rubbing of the sebaceous gland on the scalp is beneficial in increasing blood circulation thereby helpful in the prevention of hair loss.
- Indian Gooseberry: Amla is a fantastic herbal product in curing hair problems because of its richness in vitamin C and having features like anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, and exfoliating. Method: Use the paste of Indian gooseberry and lemon juice on the scalp with smooth rubbing, left it overnight. Wash the same in the morning.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek or methi has some phytochemical compounds such as hormone, protein, and nicotinic acid, which are helpful in stimulating hair re-growth and strengthening of hair. Method: Put the fenugreek seeds into a bowl filled with water. Let it soaked overnight. Grind it to make a paste and apply the same over the scalp. Wash your head after 30 minutes.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera promotes hair growth because of enzyme presence and alkaline properties. Method: Apply the aloe vera gel on the scalp and leave the same for 2-3 hours. Wash it with fresh water. It may be used twice or thrice a week. Aloe vera not only treats hair, yet also heals the scalp and cleanses the pores.
- Onion extract: Onion juice is good for hair care because of the presence of the sulfur compound, which promotes collagen production. Method: Chopped one onion and extract its juices. Apply the juice on the scalp and left it for 20 minutes. Now rinse it with fresh water. One can use it twice or thrice a week.
- Green Tea: Green tea is used in the prevention of hair because it is enriched with antioxidants. Method: Warm 2 tablespoon of green tea into a cup of water. Now filter it and cool down the extract. Apply the extract on the scalp and be it stay for 20 minutes. Rinse with water; practice the same twice a week.
- Garlic: Garlic has a sulfur compound, which helps in strengthening as well as re-growth of hair. Method: Take garlic and separate the cloves. Crush it to have its juice. Mix the juice with coconut oil and boil it for few minutes. Cool the ingredients, now; apply on the scalp leave it for 20-30 minutes followed by rinse the same with clean water. Practice it twice a week.
- Hibiscus juice: Hibiscus is effective in controlling hair fall, dandruff, and baldness. Method: Make a juice by crushing the hibiscus flower; add sesame oil to it to make a paste. Now, apply the paste on the head and let it stay there for a few hours. Wash it and do the procedure twice a week.