What are Magaz seeds?
Magaz seeds are full of protein, fatty acids, vitamin and minerals and known for many surprising health benefits, used in making sweet dish, sherbet, curries and other popular health drinks. In the era of modernization, very few people know about the uses, nutritional facts and medicinal values of Magaz seeds. One can easily get Magaz seeds from watermelon, pumpkin, cucumber, etc. I was also unaware about its advantages. Once, I visited my friend’s house on the occasion of Eid, a day celebrated after the fast of holy month of Ramadan where I was served a sweet dish which contains Magaz seeds as integral components of the dish. The dish was also having coconut, khoya, ghee, little amount of sugar and almonds. My friend’s mother told me that it is quite beneficial for frail person as well as pregnant women. If somebody wants to eat Magaz seeds only, it should be chewed properly before swallowing.
Wonder benefits of Magaz seeds
Magaz seeds are known for multiple and surprising health benefits. It is full of protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Magaz seeds for weight gain: It is a good news for those who wanted to gain weight. It is suggested that such persons should take a special dish comprises of Magaz seeds. The seed is full of fatty acid, calorie, protein, vitamins and minerals. Method: When a special dish consisted of dry coconut, ghee, almond, Khoya (a milk product) and Magaz seeds are made, it is extremely delicious and use the same on regular basis is helpful in removing weakness and weight gain.
- Magaz seeds for hair: The seeds contain plenty of protein, which is helpful for your hair health, hair growth, hair shining and controlling of hair loss. Protein like lysine, arginine and glutamic acid are abundant in Magaz, which are good for your hair health. Method: Its oil is easily absorbed in the scalp region thereby helpful in strengthening the hair follicles. Its seed also contain copper, which is helpful in stimulating the pigment melanin-an agent to prevent greying of hair. The plenty of fatty acid keeps your hydrated and strong.
- Magaz seeds for healthy skin: Magaz seeds are full of fatty acid like oleic acid and linoleum acid, which help to make your skin glowing. Method: Magaz seeds oils act against dry, dull and acne skin and prevent the clogging of skin pores thus make your skin refreshing and rejuvenating. Its oil keeps your skin hydrating and moisturizing, therefore it is good in making of baby oil. The antioxidants and fatty acid oils make your skin glowing, fairer and smooth. Since, it provides numerous benefits to make your skin vibrant and young thus helpful in prevention of skin aging problems.
- Magaz seeds for sexual health: Such seeds are having amino acid named as arginine, which is good to boost your sexual power. The presence of lycopene in the seeds is good for sperm formation.
- Magaz seeds for diabetes treatment: The seeds are good in curing of diabetes by lowering down the sugar in blood. Method: Take 2 tbsp of Magaz seeds and boil it in 1 litre of water for 1 hour. Strain it and drink the same like tea.
- Magaz seeds for kidney stone: Its tea is diuretic in nature and helps in filtration of kidney, kidney stone, infection in the urinary tract and overall health of kidney.
- Magaz seeds for cardiac health: It is the important source of some of the amino acids, which are body can’t form. The important amino acids present in it are arginine, tryptophan, glutamic acids and lysine. Arginine is good for heart. The presence of Omega fatty acid reduces the chances of cardiac complications. It is also associated with magnesium, which ensures proper functioning of heart.
- Magaz seeds cure Marasmus and Kwashiorkor: Since Magaz seeds are associated with some of the vital protein components thus good for in preventing of protein deficiency diseases like Marasmus and Kwashiorkor.
- Magaz seeds are good source for vitamin B-complex: It fulfils some of the essential requirements of vitamin B as it is having niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid.
- Nutritional values of Magaz seeds: The seeds are rich in fatty acids, protein, vitamin and minerals. It is rich in vitamin B like niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid. The seeds are good source of arginine, tryptophan, glutamic acids and lysine. It contains magnesium, calcium and copper too.
What is Char Magaz seeds?
Char Magaz seeds are the composition of four seeds namely watermelon seeds, pumpkin seeds, cantaloupe seeds and almond. Char Magaz seeds are quite popular in making of sweet dishes, curries, a type of cold drink in summer. It is also used as intoxicant. It is full of fatty acid, protein, vitamins and minerals.
Magaz seeds recipe
Magaz recipe for sweet dish
- Dry coconut: (2kg)-make thin pieces of it.
- Ghee: (1/2kg)
- Almond: (200gm)
- Khoya (a milk product): 1 kg
- Magaz seeds: 100 gram
- Water: 2 litre
- Sugar: 1/2kg
First boil water and sugar. Put ghee and Khoya into it. after then mix the rest of the ingredients and make it on low flame. It should be left for 2-3 hours in low flame so that everything get mixed properly. Make it cool and eat the small quantity of the same.
Paneer Magaz recipe
- Paneer: (300g)
- Chopped onion: 1
- Red chilli powder: 1tbsp
- Tomato: 1
- Magaz seeds: 1 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
Side-effects of Magaz seeds
Magaz seeds tea shouldn’t be taken in excess quantity as it may drag you in kidney infection and its associated problems.