A project Virtualization of Technical Education has been initiated by UPTU to e-content and e-learning technical courses in three universities of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. These Universities are Gautam Buddha Technical University, Lucknow; Mahatma Technical University, Noida; and Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun.
For e-contents recorded lectures, one can easily access through www.iptu-ptel.ac.in. With the help of internet, recorded video can be accessed at any time. More than 260 recorded lectures have been collected and uploaded.
The motto of the project is to establish high quality recording centres at the 14 nodal centres. These e-learning contents will be available live to the students associated with these nodal centres.
The Government of India has sanctioned Rs 3 crore for the project. About Rs 98 lakh has been also allocated by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
The student can access these e-learning modules through three different phases.
- Total 260 recorded lectures for Technical and Management courses has been uploaded.
- The duration of these good quality video is from 15-50 minutes.
- Books, research Papers of experts will be uploaded in the UPTU.
- This will be useful for the students, especially students from poor background of the society.
- Printing option will be there.
- Video-conferencing is the main motto here.
- Class and lectures of eminent experts and academician will be avaliable through Video-conferencing.
- Students of total 16 Nodal Centres can be benefited of these live lectures.
- It will be a two way communication because question-answering is one of the options.