Everybody is longing for a suitable height whether it is a boy or a girl. The growth and height factor is very important for growing children but the domain is more concerned to girls. Girls are very conscious to height. Height matters a lot for personality. In fact, height boosts up your personality. Good height gives you great inner satisfaction. There are so many factors that are contributing to height. Some of the important factors are genetics, growth hormone, nutrition, environment, etc. Height can be increased only up to 20-25 years.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Yoga for Height
Growth is possible only through natural means along with physical exercise, diet and the most important factor is Yoga. Yogic practices enhance and sustain the functional ability of the body. Some yogic practices, especially the standing yoga and asanas are extremely beneficial for growth of children in term of height. Yoga has the ability to increase flexibility and suppleness to the body, and also helps in accelerating the function of the body. Few yogasanas help to stretch your spine. These yogic practices enable to increase your height for few inches. The regular practices of some yogic poses able to correct of deformities of bones related with height. Yoga is helpful in decompressing the spine, strengthens vertebrae and makes you taller to some inches. Thus, yoga directly or indirectly helps to make you taller.
How to Increase Height through Yoga?
Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose)
Tadasana means Palm Tree Pose. In this yogasana, the body remains erect and the person gazed towards sky, so also termed as heavenly pose. Tadasana enables entire spinal column stretched and loosens from top to bottom thereby helps in healthy spine. Tadasana is a very beneficial yoga for right stretching of spine and also helps to correct posture. All these processes of straightening of spine show good result for height. Thus, Tadasana is considered as one of the best yoga poses to increase height among growing children.
Benefits of Tadasana
- Tadasana is effective in stretching of nerves and muscles thereby balancing the functions for various organs of the body.
- Tadasana is very important for healthy spine, toning abdominal organs and muscles, also helps to increase height.
- It develops a sense of balance.
- It also toned up other muscles
- It helps to sciatica patients.
- Tadasana makes your toes stronger.
How to perform Tadasana?
- How to do Tadasana, following techniques have to follow step by step?
- Stand erect by having your feet 15 cm apart.
- Gaze your eyes open throughout the period.
- Breathe deeply while moving up your arms with open palm; it should be directly above your head.
- Now, raises your hells, try to stand on your toes and the body should be stretch from top to bottom as far as possible.
- Keep your stomach in, chest forward and spine stretched.
- Weight should be distributed evenly both on the toes.
- Exhale; slowly take arms down along with the body.
- In the standing position, relax yourself for sometimes.
- One should try to fix one’s gaze at a particular point.
Trikonasana (Triangle Posture)
Trikonasana (Triangle Posture) is beneficial in stretching muscles of spinal column, thus helpful in making flexible and elongated spine. Trikonasana has been very successful in muscles expanding thereby good for height increase among growing children. Trikonasana relieves backache and strengthen buttocks. This asana is also very useful for sciatica patient.
Benefits of Trikonasana
- Trikonasana helps to increase appetite.
- Trikonasana strengthens the buttock and ease from backache.
- It is good for lungs.
- Trikonasana is helpful in curing of pimples, boils and blemishes.
- Also helpful in increasing height.
- It helps to remove constipation.
- Trikonasana manages diabetes.
- This asana proves useful for the patients of sciatica, if practised slowly.
How to do Trikonasana?
- Stand erect with legs apart keeping one arm on the leg and another is parallel to shoulder on the same side, do it with inhaling.
- Exhale; come to the original or standing position.
- Follow the same procedures for another side.
Hastottanasana (Up-stretched Arms Posture)
Hastottanasana is consisted of two words Hasta- means arms and Uttana means expand up or stretched up. Therefore, this asana is also known as Up-Stretched Arms Pose. Hastottanasana, in fact, the 2nd and 11th Yoga postures of Surya Namaskara. The Up-stretched Arms Posture is helpful in increasing height. It is beneficial in removing fats from hip and buttock. It also relieves constipation.
What are the Techniques for Hastottanasana?
- This is the standing pose. Hastottanasana can be performed in a very simple way. How to do Hastottanasana is being mentioned here?
- Erect on the ground with your feet together.
- Inhale, raise your arms with interlocking your fingers.
- Exhaling, bend to left side from the waist.
- Slowly come to the original position
- Repeat the same practice for the right side.
Benefits for Hastottanasana
- Hastottanasana is a good asana for back, neck and spinal joints.
- Provide flexibility to the spine.
- Helps to slim waist.
- Helps to remove fats from hip and buttocks.
- It relieves constipation.
Dhanurasana (The Bow Pose)
In Sanskrit, the meaning of dhanu means bow. In the final stage, the asana took the form of bow, hence, it is called as bow pose. Dhanurasana is act as a rejuvenator for spinal column. Dhanurasana is a good stretching yoga, relieves stiffness and provides flexibility and suppleness to spine. Dhanurasana is good to achieve healthy spine thereby helpful in increasing height among growing children.
- Lie down on the stomach position with arms parallel to your body.
- Your feet should be wide apart.
- Bend the knee and griped ankles with hands.
- Lift your thigh, head and chest to a certain height so it seems as bow.
- Maintain the position for some time and gradually come to the original position.
Health Benefits of Dhanurasana
- Dhanurasana strengthens arms, neck, back, abdomen and thigh muscles.
- The bow pose improves digestion.
- Dhanurasana makes the dislocated navel right.
- It is good for sexual vitality
- Dhanurasana helps to increase lungs capacity thus good for asthmatic patient.
- Dhanurasana well massage the pancreas thereby helpful in diabetes.
- It is also good for chest related problems.
Chakrasana (Wheel Posture)
The meaning of chakra is wheel. In the final stage, the asana seems to be liked as wheel so it is known as wheel pose. Chakrasana is one of the important extending asanas, which fortifies and straightens the spine, thus causing you to taller. Chakrasana helps in spine stretching and strengthening along with increasing its flexibility and suppleness.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Bend the legs and place the heels near the buttocks.
- Feet should be about 12 inches apart.
- Bend the arms and place the hands on the grounds, pointing fingers towards shoulders.
- Raise the head and trunk off the ground by straightening the legs and arms.
- Maintain the posture for few seconds and come to the original position.
- Chakrasana is delaying aging.
- Chakrasana is beneficial in making vertebral column supple and resilient.
- Helps to remove rigidity of spinal region.
- It shows positive impacts to each and every parts of the body.
- Chakrasana practices discourage frozen shoulders.
- Practicing this asana helps to increase height at the growing age between 12-15 years.
Role of Diet in Height
Diet plays an effective role to enhance your height to some inches. The regimen of diet, exercise and balance lifestyle is good to give a better personality. Protein diets along with some yoga practices along with exercises work wonder to increase height and boost your personality.
Exercises for Height Increase
Increasing height through surgery and drugs are of no use. It gives pain and put excess burden on your budget. However, exercises are helpful to increase height up to 2-3 inches. Hanging also helps in stretching your body works well in increasing height. Rigorous fitness regimen of exercises helps to shed fat and weight thereby one feels slim and comfortable on personality front.
Power Yoga Increases Height
Power yoga is a form of muscle flexibility practices that provides right kind of stretch to joints and muscles. Power yoga is the complete package for body workouts where maximum thrust is given on flexibility and strengthening of muscles. Power yoga is the combination of some powerful stretching yoga practices along with synchronisation of breathing. Power yoga leads to profuse sweat and a rigorous regimen that gives you slim and trim look.
Looking for more health info? Follow these links...