What is triphala?
Triphala is consisted of two words Tri means Three and Phala means Fruit. It means, it is not a single Ayurvedic herb, in fact, comprises three ayurvedic drug formulations. The three herbs of triphala are Emblica officinalis (Amalaki), Terminalia belerica (Bibhitaki) and Terminalia chebula (Haritaki). The three fruits in Triphala have amazing health benefits because they have unique ayurvedic drug ingredients which show positive and encouraging results to the functioning of all systems of the body. To extract its maximum benefits, one should take it every day in the evening.
Benefits of triphala powder (Churna)
- Triphala for weight loss: Triphala can be used for weight loss management. It ensures smooth digestion and facilitates removing of toxins from the body. Proper absorption and assimilation of food is performed by it. All these help in the management of weight and reduce the chances of fat accumulation in the body.
- Triphala for hair: One of the constituents is Emblica officinalis, which is the best source of vitamin C. The absorption of this mineral makes the hair healthy. The combination strengthens the hair root and prevent it from graying.
- Triphala for glowing face: Due to presence of vitamin C and other antioxidants, it helps to remove toxins thereby makes the body cleanse and detoxify. Using this ayurvedic drug, one can enhance one’s skin beauty.
- Triphala for immunity: It boosts your immunity thus prevents you from many diseases and disorders. Emblica officinalis or Indian Gooseberry is rich in vitamin C, which is one of the best antioxidants, helps in boosting the immunity of the body.
- Triphala for cleansing: It is one of the well known ayurvedic drugs which plays a pivotal role in the cleansing, purification and detoxification of the body. A person who likes to take this formulation has clear bowel movement.
- Triphala for eye diseases: Triphala prevents you from eye diseases such as myopia, glaucoma, cataract and conjunctivitis. Mix one tbsp of triphala in one glass of water and kept the same for entire night. Strained it and wash your eyes through this liquid. You may also drink some parts of it. Out of the three components of triphlala, it is the Terminalia chebula (Haritaki), which is most important for eye’s health.
- Triphala for anti-aging: The regular use of this ayurvedic formulation helps in slowing down the aging process and makes you younger longer.
- Triphala is anti-inflammatory: The blend of most sought ayurvedic formulation acts like as anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidants.
- Prevents jaundice: It is quite effective for liver and lungs and detoxifies and cleanses from the toxins and helpful in the prevention of jaundice.
- Triphala for healthy heart: It is good to reduce cholesterol from the body and manages blood pressure thus ensures healthy cardiac functions.
Uses of triphala powder (Churna)
- It is used to improve digestion.
- It enhances iron absorption in blood thus promotes hemoglobin formation.
- It is used to purify blood.
- It is used as one of the finest health supplements.
- It has medicinal values and used against anemia, jaundice, constipation, cough, fever, asthma, ulcer, etc.
- It is used to cure acne and rashes.
- It is anti-allergic thus good for allergic person.
Side effects of triphala powder (churna)
- Pregnant women should avoid it as this formulation may lead to miscarriage.
- The diabetic patient should take it only after the consultation of physician.
- It helps to cleanse and detoxify the body so, taking the excess amount of it may lead to dehydration.
- It is laxative in nature, taking excess quantity of it may lead to lose motion that further aggravate diarrhea.
- It may also causes gas and bloating.