Many of us know the phrase ‘We are what we eat’, clearly indicates the very essence of healthy body and mind. To have glowing skin and shining hair, one should take those balanced and nutritious diets, which are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. These may be present in healthy fat, proteins, and fresh fruits, leafy and green vegetable. These diets help to keep your skin well nourished, hydrated and young, thus help in glowing complexion. These foods also make your hair silky and shining.
cc licensed ( BY ND ) flickr photo shared by lisaclarke
List of diets for gorgeous skin and silky hair
- Apple: Apple is very important for your healthy skin and silky smooth hair. Apple is the storehouse of many important vitamins and minerals, which boost collagen and tightens the skin. The minerals and antioxidants treat and control skin problems like inflammation, itching, cracked skin, pimples, acne, and wrinkles, lessen under eye circles, pigmentation and boost healthy hair. Application of apple juice over the scalp followed by washing it after few minutes is good in dandruff prevention. Raw apple juice contains enough amount of vitamin C, which keeps your ligaments, tendons and skin healthy by producing collagen.
- Avocado: Avocado is one of the few fruits for pretty skin and anti aging. Avocado makes your skin soft, smooth and glowing due to the presence of enough amounts of vitamin A, E and antioxidants. The monosaturate fat makes give your skin a natural glow. It moisturizing and rejuvenating your skin. Avocado is used as facial make up, skin care and hair conditioners.
- Banana: Banana is full of potassium, biotin, manganese and vitamin C. These nutrients and antioxidants develop your skin elasticity and prevent ageing. Banana is also being used homemade face and hair mask too.
- Grapes: Grapes are known for adequate amount of phyto-chemicals and phytonutrients. These bio-chemicals are good for regenerating rehydrating the skin. Anti-oxidants like flavonoids and resveratrol control free radicals of the body thus help in healing of the skin.
- Orange: Orange is the adequate source of anti-oxidants, vitamin C, beta carotene, folic acid, phosphates, iodides, iron, phytonutrients and flavonoids, thus an effective agent to combat pimples, wrinkles, acne, blackheads and blemishes. Applied the paste of orange juice, oatmeal and honey over the face and leave it for 20 minutes then wash it. It is good for skin glowing and skin rejuvenation. Orange peel powder and milk is also used to make skin beautiful and instant radiance. Since oranges are having adequate quantity of vitamin C when orange juice rubs on the face, help in gentleness of skin. It also acts as toner and natural bleach. It is suggested that a person should develop a habit to have an orange a day to look oneself younger and younger.
- Papaya: Papaya is the storehouse of nutrients and antioxidants like carotene, vitamin C, flavonoids, vitamin B, folate and pantothenic acid. The presence of alphs-hydroxy acids in papaya gives the face a fairer complexion when the peel are rubbed on the face and left for 5 minutes. When the mix of papaya and milk are applied over the face, helps to remove acne, blackheads, blemishes and pimples due to hydration of the skin. The wrinkle problem of the skin can be solved by nutrients and antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and carotenoids present in papaya. Papaya is good for healthy hair. Shampoos where papaya is used as important ingredients are helpful in prevention of dandruff. Papain in papaya removes the dead cells and provides skin a gorgeous touch.
- Strawberry: Strawberry is endowed with high level of vitamin C and manganese. Vitamin C helps in the formation of collagen thus improves skin’s elasticity and resilience. Elagic acid prevents collagen breaking and helps to maintain younger look to skin thereby keep wrinkles at bay. The elagic acid of the fruit is also a UV protector
- Blueberry: Blueberry plays a vital role in combating aging related problems. It acts like as a anti-aging star by discouraging acne, pimples, wrinkles, and black spots. It happens due to the presence of antioxidants like anthocyanin and vitamin C. The presence of flavonoids is also good for gorgeous skin.
- Peaches: Peaches are good for glowing and healthy hair. Peaches have good amount of vitamin C and Potassium help to regenerate skin tissue and improves skin complexion. It also removes wrinkles and pimples from the skin.
- Raspberry: Raspberry is effective against wrinkles, pimples, acne and blemishes. Vitamin C helps to reduce wrinkles, age spots and skin discolouration. Raspberry is also used for facial mask. A natural facial mask of raspberry protects skin from sun rays. Red raspberry leaves are used to treat skin rashes.