Career scope in Naturopathy
Naturopathy is a refreshing process and a cost-effective treatment modality, which try to find out the very root cause of diseases by restoring harmony among various components of Naturopathy lifestyle- physical, social, emotional, spiritual, mental and psychological. Nature Cure, being a drugless therapy is safe and enhances sustainable and functional ability of the body. Since, it is cost-effective and without any side effects, a large number of people are opted to nature cure therapies like massage, sun bath, hydrotherapy, mud therapy, diet therapy, etc. There is a great opportunity of jobs in naturopathy field.
The deserving candidate can get employment in teaching, management, hospital, heath resorts, spa centre, big five star hotel, etc. The job option is also opened in the government sector. The candidate after completing BNYS course or higher degree can get employed in the government sector like Ministry of Heath, Govt. of India, Ministry of AYUSH, research council like Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN), national institute i.e. National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN), etc.
Naturopathy course details and eligibility
A number of public and private colleges and institutes in India are offering Naturopathy course: Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences (BNYS). The eligibility to have enrolled into BNYS is that one should pass 12th standard with subjects’ physics, chemistry and biology from a recognized college or university with 50% of the aggregate marks. The minimum age for joining the course is 17 year. After successfully completing the BNYS, one can pursue higher studies in M. Phil and Ph. D.
Jobs in naturopathy
Naturopathy is one of the effective therapies of traditional system of medicine which has the power in the management and controlling of chronic diseases viz, Arthritis, Diabetes, Obesity, Asthma, Hypertension, Renal disorders, Skin diseases, Cancer, Migraine etc. Post liberalization, privatization and globalization has greatly triggered lifestyle related disorders. Naturopathy, the rejuvenating treatment modality has enough to say in this direction. The BNYS doctors and naturopaths can contribute a lot in these health related problems. There is no as such dearth of jobs for the qualified as well as experienced naturopaths as there is a huge demand of such doctors and therapist in the developed and developing countries of the world. UAE is one of hot spots to absorb the naturopathy degree holder with a handsome remuneration.
Career options in naturopathy
The naturopathy professional can opt different fields as per their choice, interest, expertise and knowledge. Some of the important broad disciplines where the naturopathy doctors can consume themselves.
- Management & Administration
- Hospital and Healthcare Administration
- Health Supervisor
- Naturopathy Consultation as instructor, expert, specialist, etc.
Government jobs in naturopathy
The naturopathy degree holders should take naturopathy employment in a positive note. They have better employment opportunity abroad. The job outlook as a naturopathy physician, therapist and naturopath is encouraging both nationally and internationally. Both the government and private sectors offer good placement for a deserving naturopathic doctor. The centre and the state governments are hiring such professionals for their various organizations. The governments have following officers in their research centers’, national institutes, hospitals, dispensaries for the health care department and other activities.
- Deputy Director
- Programme Officer
- Assistant Director
- Research Officer
- Assistant Research Officer
- Naturopathy physician
- Naturopathy Consultant
- Publication Officer (naturopathy)
- Naturopathy Experts
- In the teaching filed, one can be absorbed as their qualification as well as professional experiences
Teaching jobs in naturopathy
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
Many jobs options are available for the naturopathy doctors both in India and abroad. Many countries across the globe are hiring naturopathy physicians. Since, the field is the inception stage, has great potential in the days to come; therefore, a large number of students are opting Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences (BNYS) after 12th standard. The field offers lucrative options in teaching if somebody pursues higher education in naturopathy and Yoga i.e. MA, M.Sc., M. Phil and Ph. D. The Union as well as the State governments’ research centres, institutes, colleges, universities, health centres, etc., have lucrative employment opportunity for the naturopathy professionals. BNYS doctors and who has higher degrees are recruited in the government sector as Director, Deputy Director, Programme Officer, Assistant Director, Research Officer, Assistant Research Officer, Consultant, naturopathy expert, etc. The various recruiting agencies and organizations are Centre Research Centres i.e. CCRYN, National Institutes i.e. MDNIY, NIN, State Research Centres, Government Hospitals, Dispensaries, Yoga & Naturopathy hospitals, Teaching faculty in Yoga and Naturopathy colleges/institutes, health resorts, spas, etc.
Naturopathy doctors’ salary
The remuneration in naturopathy physicians in the initial stage ranges between Rs. 20, 000- Rs. 40, 000 depends upon expertise and experiences. For the knowledgeable candidate, salary may touch up to Rs. 1 lakh per month in the private sector, especially in the spas, resorts and big five star hotels. The naturopathy physicians have good job opportunity in the international arena too, especially in the gulf region and the Middle East. More or less all the countries of the world are hiring BNYS doctors due to the effectiveness of naturopathy in the health care sector. The government is also recruiting BNYS doctors and specialist who is having MA or Ph.D. degree under the pay scale of Rs. 15, 600-39, 100 with grade pay of Rs, 5400. Naturopathy has in-depth job potential and big earning opportunity if one starts one’s own centre or Health resorts.
List of top naturopathy colleges in India
- Govt. Naturopathic Medical College, Hyderabad , Andhra Pradesh
- Narayana Yoga & Naturopathy Medical College, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
- Devs Yoga & Naturopathy Medical College, Rangareddy district, Andhra Pradesh
- Mahavir College of Naturopathy & Yoga, Durg, Chhattisgarh
- Morarji Desai Institute of Naturopathy & Yoga, Vadodara , Gujarat
- S.D.M. College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Ujire (D.K.), Karnataka
- Alvas College of Naturopathy & Yoga, Moodbidri (DK), Karnataka
- Govt. Nature Cure & Yoga College, PKTR Hospital, Mysore, Karnataka
- SVYASA College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Sant Hirdaram Medical Collage of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Sanchi Naturopathy College, Barla (Sanchi), Raisen, Madhya Pradesh
- JSS Institute of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Sivaraj Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College, Salem Tamil Nadu
- Govt. Naturopathy & Yoga Medical College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- R. K. Medical College of Naturopathy & Yoga, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu
- S.V.S. Medical College of Yoga & Naturopathy and Research Institute, Villupuram, Tamil Nadu
- Maharishi Aurobindo Subharti College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh