To lose cholesterol naturally and without medication is always desirable. The matter is quite interesting and stimulating when we heard the treatment of hypertension without medication but with herbs and spices. The medicinal plants and herbs are not only helpful for fat loss but also reduces cholesterol. Let’s know more about these plants how they will be helpful in reducing of high blood pressure by managing cholesterol. It is better to take these medicinal herbs in natural form or one can purchase it from food stores shops.
11 Medicinal herbs to lower high blood pressure
Some of the important natural remedies to control cholesterol thereby contending high blood pressure are given below. One can observe amazingly improvement by taking it in natural form and also including the same in our dietary pattern.
- Alfalfa for cholesterol reduction: Alfalfa seeds seem to bind the cholesterol in the abdominal region thus helps in lowering cholesterol and bad low density lipoprotein (LDL). Besides this alfalfa seeds, leaves and sprouts are also useful in diabetes, prevention of hair loss, arthritis, kidney stone, asthma, cough and strokes.
- Asafoetida reduces blood cholesterol: It ensures better metabolism of cholesterol thus prevents forming of extra cholesterol in the blood vessels. It helps in combating inflammation thus checks atherosclerosis and plaque formation inside the blood vessels. It saves you in forming from triglycerides and acts as a natural blood thinner on account of coumarins. It is also effective in case of acidity, asthma, convulsions, expectorant, etc.
- Cayenne to prevent plaque: Studies has shown that Cayenne pepper is useful in preventing of plaques, checking fibrin and stopping blood clot formations inside the blood vessels. It reduces blood cholesterol thus smooth blood flow and manages cholesterol in the body. It enhances the proportions of lipid and checks LDL oxidation thus good for the health of arteries.
- Konjac for cholesterol: It contains a chemical compounds called glucomannan, which helps to prevent bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides.
- Basil lowers high blood pressure: Basil seeds are effective in lowering high blood pressure. These may be eaten raw in the morning or may be mixed with soups, salads and with any other recipes.
- Cinnamon to control cholesterol: Cinnamon is another medicinal spice that can be used to control cholesterol in the blood vessels. It also works well with people having diabetes.
- Flaxseeds reduce serum cholesterol: Flaxseeds reduces the level of serum cholesterol and improves the condition of atherosclerosis and cardio vascular problems. It acts as antioxidants and fights against free radicals. The ayurvedic spice is glucose tolerant too.
- Garlic controls blood pressure: Garlic helps to melt the level of cholesterol thus good to ease blood vessels and dilate them. Allicin in garlic helps to lower BP and increases systolic pressure. It is beneficial for hyperlipidemia and production of nitric oxide leads to vasodilatation. You can use garlic more or less in your all dishes and recipes.
- Hawthorn prevents clot formation: The decoction of hawthorn improves the cardiac health, free movement of blood in vessels and checks clot formation.
- Celery seeds effect on blood pressure: Its seeds are used to lower blood pressure. The juice of the entire plant is beneficial for high blood pressure. Its seeds can be used in soups, dishes and many recipes.
- Cat’s claw for hypertension: Cat’s claw acts upon calcium components of cardiac systems and helps to lower blood pressure.
- Ginger for cholesterol: The regular use of ginger in your daily food intake is beneficial for minimizing the impact of cholesterol in the cardiac system.