Ayurveda Prevention Tips for Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
September 17, 2012
20 easy ways to manage and control arthritis
- Do the best effort to maintain body weight through eating healthy natural diet. Diet plays greater role at exaggerating of Arthritis.
- Avoid oily, fatty, refined, packaged and heavy diets.
- Do Yoga regularly as it enhances the flexibility of joints and strengthening the muscles. Yoga plays pivotal role in minimizing the effect of Arthritis.
- Regular bowel movement is necessary, so one should to take more and more fibrous food.
- Take more and more vitamin D foods as these fulfil the requirements of calcium deficiency in the body. Vitamin C and E also strengthens the musculoskeletal system.
- Avoid curd, fish, jaggery and milk
- Avoid contaminated water.
- Incompatible food should be discouraged.
- Avoid control of natural urges.
- Avoid stress, tension and anxiety free life
- Excessive pressure on joints should be avoided.
- Smoking and Alcohol weakens the bone structure and increases the risk of osteoarthritis.
- Take adequate quantity of water as about 70% of the cartilage is made up of water. Taking more quantity of water helps to rub the joints.
- Exercises such as cycling, swimming may be encouraged.
- Discourage repetitive muscle or joint strain.
- Sedentary life increases the risk of different forms of arthritis.
- Poor food choices, chemicals, oral contraceptives, and medication lead to deficiency of certain chemicals which is essential for calcium formation in the body.
- Orange juices contains greater amount of antioxidants that helps to reduce arthritis.
- If you have a sedentary job in your office, get up and stretch your muscles regularly. Stretch your muscles to keep it supple.
- Taking fish oil supplement is good. Cod liver oil also reduces the inflammation.