Acidity, hyperacidity, ulcers, acid reflux, and GERD are not the simple problems of stomach. They are the products of unhealthy food habits such as pungent food items, excessive alcoholic beverages, fermented, spicy and fatty foods. Anxiety, stress, tensions are some of the reasons for stomach acidity. Here are the natural ways to cure acidity and gastric acid.
Yoga poses for acidity and hyperacidity
Yoga has the power to control and cure stomach acidity. The different forms of Yoga relieves from acidity, hyperacidity, gas problems, indigestion etc. If a person is suffering from chronic acidity and hyperacidity, he must do Kunjal (Shatkarm) under the guidance of an expert. Kunjal or the washing of stomach is an effective way to get rid of excess gastric acidity. Asanas such as Vajrasana(Throne Pose), Ardha matsyendrasana (the Half Spinal twist Pose), Sarvangasana (the Shoulder stand Pose), Paschimottanasana (Head to knee) and Bhujangasana (the Cobra Pose) are some of the best Yoga postures for the treatment of acidity.
Home remedies to cure acidity and gastric problems
- Drink more and more water, especially take a glass of lukewarm water every day in the morning. It is one of the easy Home Remedies to beat acidity.
- Coconut water is an effective means for acidity and soothe your digestive system.
- For instant relief from acidity, one should use Jaggery, lemon, banana, and yogurt.
- Chewing of holy basil leaves is great for curing acidity.
- Use of honey, cider vinegar and water before meals fights acidity.
- The mix of amla and honey is also an effective ways to cure acidity.
- Banana, and cucumber aid your digestion and good for curing acidity. So, use it in your diet.
- Ginger helps in digestion. So one should use ginger in ones recipes.
- Vegetables such as drumsticks, beans, pumpkin and carrot give you relief from acidity.
- Chewing of fennel seeds after a meal is greatly balance acidity by producing alkaline saliva. It sooths the entire digestive system.