Definition of Hepatitis
Hepatitis is a viral infection where the liver cells experienced swelling and inflammation. Hepatitis viruses are categorises as type A, B, C, D, and E. Hepatitis is the outcome of our faulty lifestyle. Chronic hepatitis may lead to you into a danger zone. Out of all the Hepatitis virus, the hepatitis B is extremely harmful. Hepatitis B is also known as Silent Killer.
Image courtesy of renjith krishnan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Symptoms of Hepatitis
- The virus erode and destroy the liver
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach disorder
- Body pain
- Yellowish urine
- Deterioration of health
- Weight Loss
- Mild fever, muscle ache
Causes of Hepatitis
- Contaminated water
- Using more and more fried foods
- Fast foods
- Sleeping at day time
- Late night sleep
- Infected Blood
- Medicine containing the components of Arsenic, phosphorous, chloroform etc.
Types of Hepatitis Virus
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis D
- Hepatitis E
- Hepatitis G
Yoga poses for hepatitis treatment
In Yoga, The Kriyas such as Dhauti, Kunjal and Vastradhauti are the panacea for all types of hepatitis. These Shatkarma kriyas are extremely useful to cleanse the liver and stomach.
The person suffering from Hepatitis should do Kunjal for one month. The process of Kunjal has the ability to rejuvenate your liver.
- Sit in Kagasana and Consume 4 glasses of lukewarm saline water or as per one’s capacity.
- Now, the person should stand up and bend forward.
- Put your left hand on the stomach. Place the index and the middle fingers of the right hand in the throat. Make some movement in your stomach, and water to start to come out automatically.
- Remove your fingers from mouth when water start to coming out. Put the same fingers when water stop to release and repeat the same process.
- Kunjal cleanses both the upper alimentary canal and the respiratory system.
- It has a great a curative effect as it eliminates the toxin from the liver.
- Kunjal makes your liver to work effectively.
- It also release impurities that can contaminate the body by causing hyperacidity, halitosis, phlegm and sore throats.
- Kunjalgives great relief to those who suffers from biliousness.
- Kunjalis beneficial for asthma too.
How fasting helps in hepatitis?
Fasting is one of the important natural remedy for the person who is suffering from Hepatitis. It is suggested that the person should initially take lemon water, lime juice for one week. Gradually, he should shift for fruit therapy then vegetables and main diet.
Naturopathy medicine for hepatitis
- Hot and cold bath is good for hepatitis patients. This Naturopathy treatment helps to make the liver expand and shrink thereby enhances its effectiveness.
- Steam bath is also beneficial for better functioning of Liver.
- Take more and more fruits such as grapes, guava, orange and papaya.
- Green vegetables should be given more weightage.
- Vegetable soup is also effective.
- Sprouts is also beneficial
Precautions for Hepatitis
Hepatitis patients should avoid ghee, paneer, chocolate, ice-cream, salt, sugar, junk and fast foods, pickles, etc.