In Diarrhoea, the patient facing more passage of motion, in fact consistent motion that lead to weakness, tiredness and sickness. There are many causes of Diarrhoea such as phlegm in stomach, yellow bile in intestine, contaminated water, indigestion, excessive diet, etc.
Image courtesy of Ohmega1982 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
But most important is contaminated and ingestion of unhygienic foods. During Diarrhoea, the patient experienced loss of vital nutrients, minerals from the intestines.
Do’s during Diarrhoea
- Drink plenty of water.
- One should take easily digestible foods or light foods or liquid vegetarian diet.
- Use of steamed vegetable should be preferred.
- Give more weightage to oral rehydration salt(ORS).
- Use buttermilk and curd.
- Always use boiled and cooled water.
- Wash your hands properly with soaps before meal.
- Wash your hands with soaps after toilet.
- Fruits and vegetable should be washed thoroughly
- Maintain a clean and hygienic environment.
- Keep your food product covered.
- Take adequate rest.
Don’ts during Diarrhoea
- Avoid contaminated water
- Avoid fried and spicy foods
- Avoid non-vegetarian foods
- Tiring work should be avoided
- Avoid beverages and milk
- Avoids uncooked foods
- Avoids contaminated foods
- Avoid excessive greens, pulses and cereals
- Food rich in roughage should be avoided
Looking for more health info? Follow these links...