Ayurvedic Treatment for Depression
Every human being, at a certain stage of his life, experienced depression and anxiety. The main characteristics features of depression are sadness and hopelessness. As per Ayurvedic Therapy, depression is considered as a classical sign of imbalance in the body. If depression, anxiety and other mental and neurological disorders left untreated, all these cause further complications. Ayurveda as an alternative medicine is beneficial for anxiety and depression. Ayurveda, the science of life, cures clinical depression in a natural way without side effects that are associated with modern medicine. Depression is a neurological illness that involves the body, moods and thoughts of a person. It is characterized by blankness, feeling of helplessness, hopelessness and worthlessness. Depression is the most common mental disorder after anxiety.
Ayurvedic Herbs and Depression:>
Ayurveda & Depression
- Meditation has the power to bring balance among physical, mental and emotional domains of an individual thereby ease depression.
- Ayurvedic oil massages increases blood circulation, cools and sooths the mind.
- Alternative therapy like Shirodhara (allowing a flow of water to fall at the middle of the forehead slowly), Shirobasti and oil massage therapy-Abhyanga is extremely useful for depression.
- Massages like Thai massage, Swedish massage is beneficial for depression too.
- Divert your mind and enjoy other activities and hobbies.
- Eating apple with honey and milk acts as a mood buster.
- Lemon juice is also recommended.
Alternative Treatment for Depression
- Depression Overview
- Yoga for Depression
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Depression
- Depression and Homeopathy
- Depression and Naturopathy
- Home Remedy for Depression
- Diet for Depression
- Depression Prevention