Yoga for Common Cold
Yoga due to its holistic healing can prevent Common Cold and provide cold comfort. Yoga postures strengthen the immune system and help in preventing from germs infection thereby keep the body away from cold and cough. The different Yoga poses and Yoga techniques for remedy from common cold are being described here.
- Bhramari Pranayama helps to open sinuses and relieve pressure.
- Downward-Facing Dog- ease congestion as the pose stimulates blood flow to sinuses.
- Jal neti cleanse the nasal passages, removes excess mucus from sinuses thereby helpful for normal breathing.
- Sutra Neti: It is excellent method of preventing cold inflammation of the nose as it rendered more resistance to attack by germs or viruses.
- Chanting OM is useful to clear sinuses.
- Setubandha asana facilitate restorative breathing.
- Sarvangasana helps to eliminate and prevent throats, nose ailments thus a good measure for common cold.
- Paschimothasana and Ardha Matsyendrasana are helpful to cure cold
- Ushtrasana expands the chest and result in deep breathing.
- Bhastrika pranayama open up the air cells of the lungs.
- Anuloma-viloma eases nasal and chest congestion.
Natural Treatments for Common Cold
The various naturopathic remedy for common cold is given here.
- Fasting is advisable as it releases toxin from the body and helpful in common cold.
- Give more weightage on vegetable soup.
- Keep your body warm.
- Sweating is helpful so use your blanket to cover for 30 minutes.
- Hot spice tea is preferred.
- Put olive oil into your nostril to release excess phlegm.
- Take mixture of jaggery + black pepper + boil water to relieve fast.
- Water + lemon assuage the nasal congestion.