Blood Sugar Control and Prevention through Diet, Home Remedies, Yoga, Ayurveda and Homeopathy
Lack of physical labour, severe pressure of mental work and stress, faulty lifestyle and wrong dietary pattern are some of the factors that lead High Blood Sugar.
Blood Sugar can be controlled and managed to a larger extent through Alternative Medicine. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) like yoga, ayurveda, naturopathy, homeopathy, unani, siddha, diet, etc. has remedy for high blood Suagr. Home remedies, preventions and precautions are also important aspects in curing of Blood Sugar.
Signs and Symptoms of High Blood Sugar
The main symptoms of High Blood Sugar are:
- Concentrated urine.
- Frequent urination due to more sugar in the body.
- Frequent hunger to cope with high sugar.
- Unquenchable Thirst
- Dryness in the skin
- Eyesight problems
- Feeling of tiredness and weakness
- Delay healing of wounds.
- Itching in the body, especially in the genital organs.
- Weight fluctuation
- Drowsiness and Low sexual urge
Causes of High Blood Sugar
- Hereditary & Genetics
- Nutritional Deficiency
- Obesity and Fat Distribution
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Stress, Tension and worries
- Excessive Use of Alcohol
- Insulin Deficiency and resistance
- Increased cholesterol level
- Diet rich in carbohydrate and fat
- Excess intake of oil and sugar
- High blood pressure
- Removal of the pancreas by surgery
Tests and Diagnosis of High Blood Sugar
- Fasting Plasma Glucose (FPG) test
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT
- Random Plasma Glucose Test
- Finger Stick Blood Glucose
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin Test.
Complications of High Blood Sugar
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Kidney Problems
- Stomach Nerve Damage (Gastroparesis)
- Eye diseases
- Bone and Joint disorders
- Skin problems, digestive problems, and problems with teeth and gums.
- Nerve Damage(Neuropathy)
- Dental Problems
- Skin and Foot Disease
- Diabetic Coma
Yoga and Blood Sugar
Yogic practices and Yoga poses aim at restoring the health of the affected pancreas and help it to make up the deficiency of insulin secretion. Blood sugar is reduced significantly after Yogic treatment. And glucose tolerance is increased.
Yoga for High Blood Sugar
- Sirsasana( Headstand Pose) revitalizes the pituitary gland that is directly related with sugar control.
- Paschimotasana (Powerful Pose) tones up the pancreas, spleen and kidney.
- Veerasana( Hero’s Pose) is conducive to physical and mental equilibrium thus relieves from feeling of tiredness and weakness.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) stimulates the pancreas and secrete correct amount of glucagon and insulin at the right time.
- Shalabhasana (Locust Pose) aids in curing high blood sugar.
- Katichakrasana (waist rotating pose) helps to lower down the sugar level in the body and induces a wonderful feeling of lightness.
- Ardha matsyendrasana (Half Spinal Twist Pose) good for lowering down sugar level in blood.
- Mayurasana( Peacock Asana): this asana very beneficial as it stimulates the metabolic process.
- Bhujangasana( Cobra Pose) stimulates the pancreas and helps in proper secretion of insulin.
- Uddiyan Bandha is good for overall functions of hormonal glands.
- Nauli (Navel String)
- Bhastrika Pranayama( Bellows Pranayama) improves digestion and helps to enhance overall function of the body.
- Surya Nmaskar (Sun Salutation) is also recommended for Blood Sugar.
- Relaxation techniques like shavasana, Makrasana and Balasana are too useful.
Ayurvedic Tips for High Blood Sugar
The ayurvedic treatment has greater application and importance in curing of High Blood Sugar. The various components and mixtures of ayurveda are helpful in fighting Blood Sugar level.
Ayurveda and High Blood Sugar
- Juice of bitter gourd or Rose apple, Bel and Neem may be taken on empty stomach daily: best remedy for High Blood Sugar.
- Turmeric is a useful remedy for High Blood Sugar.
- Take twice a day before lunch and dinner, the mixture of 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf + 1/2 teaspoon turmeric + 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel; control sugar in blood thereby effective for High Blood Sugar.
- 100 gm Grind seeds of Methi + turmeric 50gm + white pepper with a glass of milk twice a day
- powder of rose apple stone twice a day
- Amalaki Churna (500mg) + Turmeric Powder (500mg) + Naag Bhasma (125mg) may be taken with honey.
- Take a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves + 10 neem leaves + 10 belpatras in the empty stomach reduces the content of sugar in blood.
- Copper vessel water in the morning is also useful.
- Bel leaves has anti-diabetic characteristic, take it with black pepper
- Garlic contains allicin that reduce sugar level and help in breaking of cholesterol.
- The leaves of Jamun have power to control conversion of starch into sugar.
- Onion has low sugar characteristics
- The other useful herbs that is beneficial for diabetes are: Jambhul, Gurmar, Sagar gota, Shilájit, Triphala, Gurmar Leaves, Nayantatra, and Sagar gota
High Blood Sugar Lifestyle
- Skip sleeping at day time
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Take care of your ENT parts
- Follow exercise regularly
- Do Yoga
- Take extra care of your food
- Make your dietary chart
- Phosphorus: to stabilize blood sugar levels
- Syzygium Jambolanum: reduces level of sugar immediately, use 5 drops of it after every 6 hours.
- Aurum Metallicum: reduces craving for sugar with the High Blood Sugar patients.
- Uranium Nitricum: improves nephritis problems.
- Arsenicum Bromatum: normalize excessive thrust and hunger, common with diabetes.
- Insulinum: helps to improve the functioning of pancreas.
- Phosphoric acid has remarkable power to cure High Blood Sugar in the early stage.
- Lactic acid good remedy for High Blood Sugar patients
- The oil of black pepper, fennel, and juniper has a restoring and rejuvenating affect on the pancreas.
- Insulin stimulant oils are carrots, eucalyptus, fennel, geranium and lemon oils
- Mud Therapy is beneficial for hyperglycemic patients.
- Hydrotherapy: Hot and Cold Fomentation over abdomen, Cold hip bath, Hot and cold hip bath, Wet abdomen pack, spinal bath. All these form an important part of treatment. Enema thoroughly cleansed the colon and helps the bowel to assume normal characteristics.
- Bathing in cold water greatly increases the circulation and enhances the capacity of the muscles to utilize sugar.
- Massage Therapy helps to energizes and revitalizes the whole body.
- Sun Bath: Water kept in brown bottle and exposed to sun rays for at least 8 hours in half cup, dose twice a day after meal is also found beneficial.
- Exercise, especially morning walk a good remedies in lowering down blood sugar level.
- Use bitter melon in your diet to control blood sugar level.
- Drink 1 cup of methi juice every morning to bring down glucose level.
- Amla and orange contain vitamin C, quite beneficial for High Blood Sugar patients.
- 5 mango leaves + 1 glass of water left for overnight, drink after filter to reduce sugar level.
- Take curry leaves twice a day for good result.
- Take before lunch and dinner about ½ tsp each of ground bay leaf + turmeric + aloe vera gel; good to fight High Blood Sugar.
- ½ cup of bitter gourd juice in the morning is one of the best remedy for High Blood Sugar
- Honey + turmeric powder + dried gooseberry powder to show blood sugar level down.
- High Blood Sugar Patients should chew 4-5 jamun leaves in the morning and evening.
- Chew 2 leaves each of Neem and Bilva to minimize the impact of High Blood Sugar
- Overnight drenched almond is also useful.
- Leaves of Basil + Neem + Belpatras + 1 glass of water help to cure High Blood Sugar.
- Diabetic patients should take apple juice.
- Use of Garlic, Karela, Onion, Soybean, should be abundant in diet to overcome sugar level.
- Drink more water in the morning before exercise.
- Fresh fibrous fruits and vegetables are useful in diabetes
- Soyabean, Bean, Turnip, Cucumber, garlic, Lauki, Bitter gourd, Spinach, Fenugreek, Bathua, Chaukie, Amla, Jamun, Bel, , cabbage, tomato and carrot.
- Fast and junk foods
- Cold drinks
- Dried fruits like badam
- Oil for cooking.
- Avoid sugary substances /products completely.
- Use of junk, oily, fried and fat enriched foods should be avoided.
- High fibrous food should be preferred.
- Avoid non-veg.
- Avoid ghee, vanaspati, fine flour, smoking, chewing of jarda and gutka.
- Keep yourself away from stress as it is the root of many diseases.
- Frequent and excessive eating put you in danger
- Apathy for exercise may put you in danger.
Controlled of High Blood Sugar through Homeopathy
Homeopathy has complete say in curing of High Blood Sugar
Unani Medicine and High Blood Sugar
Unani strongly believes the total cure of High Blood Sugar is possible through energizing the pancreatic cells.
Naturopathy for Blood Sugar
In high blood sugar, sugar excretes from urine. Nature cure has the power to control diabetes at the earliest.
Nature Cure treatment to lower down blood sugar
Home Remedies for High Blood Sugar
Diet for High Blood Sugar
The diet plays an important role in reducing the level of blood sugar. The goal of a blood sugar patient is to avoid any surges in the blood glucose by maintaining ideal body weight through proper nutrition.
Diet Schedule for High Sugar Patient
Morning: Bitter gourd juice 1-2 ounce (40 ml)
Breakfast: Skimmed Milk (250-400ml) or Butter milk or Sprouted gram, moong, methi approx. 50 gm or Fresh Amla juice 50 ml
Lunch: Roti( wheat + gram flour) 25-50 gm, green vegetablkes 250gm, Salad 50gm, Moong 25 gm Curd 150gm + 1 glass butter milk
Evening: Roasted gram 30 gm, Vegetable soup or 1 glass butter milk
Dinner: As in lunch but use of curd is not advisable at night.
Best Fruits and Vegetables in High Sugar Condition
Some of the beneficial food for high sugar patients is given below.
Foods to Avoid for High blood sugar
Preventions and Precautions for blood sugar
With the help of regulated diet, alternative system of medicine and proper module of exercise; High Blood Sugar can be controlled and managed to a larger extent.