High Blood Pressure Control, Cure and Treatment through Yoga, Ayurveda, Diet and Naturopathy
Our heart acts like as a pumping station and blood pressure can be experience when blood exerts pressure against our blood vessels. Blood pressure rises with each heartbeat and falls when the heart relaxes between beats. Blood pressure is a changing phenomenon and affected by various factors like activity, rest, exercise, temperature, cold, diet, emotional state, posture, medications etc.
The scenario of India is not so upbeat where about 15-20% people are suffering from high blood pressure. Since, the disease coming secretly, it is taking an alarming position in the country.
Alternative medicine can play a vital role in reducing and prevention of Blood Pressure
(Hypertension).� Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) like yoga, ayurveda, naturopathy, homeopathy, unani, siddha, diet, etc. has ability to check high blood pressure. Home remedies, preventions and precautions are also important aspects in the treatment of hypertension.
Symptoms and Signs High Blood Pressure
The various symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Kidney failure
- Loss of vision
- hardening of the arteries
- Headache, Heaviness, Restlessness
- Respiratory Problems
- Increased heart beat and heart attack
- Chest pain
- Irritation and Anger
- Nose bleeding
Causes of Blood Pressure
In fact, high BP is an indicator of serious problem to come. Therefore, it is necessary to diagnose the disease at the right time so that appropriative action may be taken.� Like other disease; mental stress and tension in the daily life is the factor for high BP. Faulty lifestyle, wrong dietary pattern, negative thinking and competitive lifestyle augment the disease.�� The different factors are:
- Smoking and drinking for a longer period of time.
- Mental stress, tension, anger and unsatisfaction.
- �Lack of� exercise
- Excessive use of salt
- Use of medicine for long time
- Use of steroid and birth control pill
- Kidney problems
- High� and over ambitions
- Hormonal disorders
- Abnormal condition of blood vessels
Normal Blood Pressure
Normal Blood Pressure with a human being is 120/80 mm of Hg. For a healthy person, Systolic BP or higher pressure is 110-120mm of Hg and Diastolic or lower pressure is 70-80 mm of Hg.� If BP is less or above than the said value, it is termed as low Blood Pressure or high Blood Pressure respectively. A borderline high systolic pressure of 120 to 139 or a diastolic pressure of 80 to 89 needs to be closely monitored as it is known as high normal blood pressure.
Yoga and High Blood Pressure
Yoga and meditation play an important role in lowering of high blood pressure (hypertension) thereby improve the lifestyle through mental relaxation and stress reduction. For management and control of high BP, Yoga & Naturopathy is a beneficial step.
- In case of high BP, one should practice relaxative asanas. ���
- Instead of doing deep breathing and Kumbhak, simple practice rechak-purak in Sukhasama or Vajrasana should be done.
- Chandrabhedi Pranayama also lowers down BP.
- Tadasana is helpful in curing of high blood pressure
- Katichakrasana is a useful yoga pose to relieve from hypertension
- Urdhvahastottanasana is recommended to treat high blood pressure
- Bhujangasana is quiet useful in normalizing BP.�
- Shalabhasana loosen the arteries thereby helpful in curing of high blood pressure.
- Dhanurasana� keep your� tiredness away and fit for lower hypertension
- Pavanmuktasana is too practiced in cease of blood pressure and hypertension.
- Shavasana may be practiced when BP is under control and in case of tiredness.
- Cleansing exercise like Jalneti is also helpful.
- A positive result may also be seen by regular practice of Yog Nidra.
- Meditation also reduces the possibility of high blood pressure.��
Ayurvedic Treatment for High Blood Pressure
Anger, anxiety, stress, tension, frustration and irritability leads to mal-adaptation of the endocrine system, which causes conditions like high blood pressure. High BP leads to untimely death in the society, if control and management is not taken at the appropriate time. The increasing number of high Blood Pressure patients in the general public shows that we are neglecting the nature and turning to unnatural modern lifestyle. Ayurvedic herbs and blood pressure remedy are well known since the time immemorial. Here, few of the ayurvedic as well as natural remedies for high blood pressure is given.
- Celery (ajwain) lowers pressure by reducing blood concentration of stress hormones that caused blood vessels to constrict. It is a good natural high blood pressure treatment.
- Indian gooseberry (amla) is effective to lower high blood pressure. Amla and honey should be taken every morning as an herbal blood pressure remedy.
- Lemon contains Vitamin C that prevents capillary fragility.
- Watermelon is a good safeguard against blood pressure and helps in dilating the blood pressure.
- Boiled potato is effective in reducing blood pressure.
- Vegetables contain magnesium that eases from hypertension.
- Calcium and Potassium helps to remove sodium thereby control the working of vascular system.
- Vitamin C is effective in controlling hypertension.
- Olive oil in diet contains monounsaturated fat that lower both systolic as well as diastolic pressure.
- In diet, the person should take 20% carbohydrate, 10 to 15 % protein and 60-65 vegetables.
- Herbs like Sarpagandha ( Rauwolfia serpentina), Brahmi ( Bacopa monnieri), Shankapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Chandana ( Santalum album), etc. can be taken. All are effective ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Vegetables and fruits in plenty
- Do exercise regularly to control your weight.
- Herbs like aloe gel, barberry, katuka,� gotu kola, calamus, valerian, skullcap, cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamamsi should be given priority as these� are known ayurvedic high �Blood Pressure solution,
- Finest way to control BP is the use of garlic (1 mg of garlic thrice a day), mustard and onion.
- Crushed clove + Honey twice a week.
- Take warm milk + saraswat powder.
- Ashwagandha preparations too used in case of hypertension.
Natural Treatment for High Blood Pressure
Naturopathic Treatment is beneficial for high blood pressure patients. Some nature cure remedies in the treatment of hypertension are given here.
- Spinal spray, especially cold spinal spray is pretty helpful for high blood pressure.
- Cold pack on spine is used to ease from hypertension.
- Mud bath is also useful for high blood pressure if it is done after once a week.
- Use of green color bottle duly changed water by sun rays also beneficial for the high blood pressure if one takes it in the morning and evening.
- The person suffering from high BP should start his day with morning walk.
- One should stay in close connection with the nature to avoid stress and tension.
- Prolong immersion bath is good for hypertension.
- Spinal bath twice or thrice a day is useful as it helps in toned up the nerves.
- Sun bath helps to activate the skin and lower BP.
- Enema is too beneficial in curing of high blood pressure.
- Garlic is regarded as one of the most effective remedy to lower blood pressure. Garlic ease the spam of arteries, slow the pulse and relieves the symptoms like dizziness, numbness, shortness of breath and formation of gas.
- Hot foot bath is also given to cure high blood pressure.
Diet and High Blood Pressure
Diet has an important role in treating Hypertension. Take diets which reduce constipation. Patients suffering from high blood pressure should use minimum amount of salt. Take seasonal fruits 3-4 times a day. Concentrate on your food and chew it properly. Avoid Tamsik food, and the food products containing more salt, besan, sugar etc. Also keep yourself away from non-veg., smoking and drinking.
- The patient should follow a routine of well-balanced diet, exercise and rest.
- The patient should start with fruit diet taking fruit juice thrice a day.
- Oranges, apples, pears, mangoes, pineapples, papaya and watermelon are the best diet for high blood pressure.
- Vegetables should be taken in raw form as these tremendously lower the blood pressure. Vegetables like cucumber, carrot, tomato, onion, radish, cabbage and spinach are best taken in their raw form.
Diet Chart and Hypertension
The diet pattern is helpful in treating high blood pressure. For food pyramid in related to high blood pressure, it is advisable to consult naturopath or physicians.
Morning: one glass water + lemon + two spoon honey
Breakfast: seasonal fruits like papaya, guava or sprouts or juice of seasonal fruits
Lunch: boiled vegetables + whole wheat chapatti + salad + curd
Snack: seasonal fruits or juice or lemon + one glass water + two spoon honey
Dinner: wheat dalia + whole wheat chapatti + boiled vegetables + salad
Precautions and Preventions of High Blood Pressure
High BP is generally is known as lifestyle disorders. Therefore, it is essential to bring positive changes in lifestyle, way of thinking and dietary pattern. Adopt natural lifestyle instead of faulty one. Morning and evening walk and sleeping at the right time is suggested. To a larger extent, sudden and unnatural changes in our daily lifestyle are responsible for high Blood Pressure (BP) or Hypertension. The rapid changes in the standard of living also triggered added disadvantages that leads to diseases like High blood pressure, Obesity, Heart diseases, Insomnia Asthma and Diabetes.
- Follow your weight regime properly
- Exercise regularly.
- Strenuous exercise should be avoided but morning an evening walk is beneficial
- Give more weightage to fruits and vegetables.
- Keep yourself away from smoking
- Keep the hectic, stressful, anxiety and strain lifestyle in check.
- Decrease salt and fat intake.
- Incompatible and irregular food habits, excessive oil, spicy ghee, butter, pickles, papad, aggravate the condition
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco, excess tea, coffee, etc.
- Blood pressure should be checked regularly.
- One meal should be consisted of raw foods and the second one should be of cooked foods
- Take your meal slowly and in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Late dinner should be avoided.
- Walking is an excellent form of exercise for hypertension.
- Bicycling, swimming and jogging are also good for high blood pressure.
- Patients are advised to take rest as and when required.
- The intake of salt should be restricted. Baking powder should be avoided.