Diet and High Blood Pressure
Diet has an important role in treating Hypertension. Take diets which reduce constipation. Patients suffering from high blood pressure should use minimum amount of salt. Take seasonal fruits 3-4 times a day. Concentrate on your food and chew it properly. Avoid Tamsik food, and the food products containing more salt, besan, sugar etc. Also keep yourself away from non-veg., smoking and drinking.
- The patient should follow a routine of well-balanced diet, exercise and rest.
- The patient should start with fruit diet taking fruit juice thrice a day.
- Oranges, apples, pears, mangoes, pineapples, papaya and watermelon are the best diet for high blood pressure.
- Vegetables should be taken in raw form as these tremendously lower the blood pressure. Vegetables like cucumber, carrot, tomato, onion, radish, cabbage and spinach are best taken in their raw form.
Diet Chart and Hypertension
The diet pattern is helpful in treating high blood pressure. For food pyramid in related to high blood pressure, it is advisable to consult naturopath or physicians.
Morning: one glass water + lemon + two spoon honey
Breakfast: seasonal fruits like papaya, guava or sprouts or juice of seasonal fruits
Lunch: boiled vegetables + whole wheat chapatti + salad + curd
Snack: seasonal fruits or juice or lemon + one glass water + two spoon honey
Dinner: wheat dalia + whole wheat chapatti + boiled vegetables + salad
Alternative Treatment for High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure Overview
- Yoga and High Blood Pressure
- Ayurvedic Treatment for High Blood Pressure
- Natural Treatment for High Blood Pressure
- Diet and High Blood Pressure
- Precautions and Preventions of High Blood Pressure