Anxiety Relives by Yoga, Home Remedies, Ayurveda, Diet and Naturopathy
Anxiety encompasses various forms of abnormal fears, which may take chronic forms. It is prone to intensify during stress and surrounded by symptoms like headache, sweating, muscle tone, high BP and tension. The problem of anxiety can be solved through alternative system of medicine or alternative medicine. Complemantary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) like yoga, ayurveda, naturopathy, homeopathy, unani, siddha, accupuncture, accupressure, diet, etc. has enough potential and remedial measures in curing of Anxiety. Home remedies, preventions and precautions are also important aspects in reducing anxiety. Generalized anxiety disorders include phobia, social anxiety, social phobia, panic attack and other various types of anxiety.
Symptoms and Signs of Anxiety
The signs and symptoms of anxiety attack, anxiety disorder and panic disorder are given below:
- Unnecessary worry and tension
- Restiveness, Hyperactivity and Aggression
- Muscle strain
- Headache, migraine, giddiness and dizziness
- Excessive sweating
- Concentration problem
- Fatigue, exhaustion and worn out
- Dryness in mouth
- Breathing shortness
- Heart rate fluctuation
- Fluctuation in body temperature
- Chest tightness and stomach churning
- Bleach, rashes and flushed, sensitivity and numbness of skin
- Indigestion and constipation
- Disturb vision and hearing
- Hormonal disorders
- Eyes itching
- Immobility in the back muscles and body muscles are bruised
- Longing for sweet, sugar and sweet products
- Experiencing cold or chilled
- Increased or decreased sex drive
- Weak legs, arms and muscles
- Weight loss/weight gain
- Afraid what people think of you
- Fear of everything
- Fear of losing control, dying etc.
- Heightened self-consciousness
- Burning, itchy, tight scalp
- Extreme pain in the neck, head and face
- Jaw pain leads to tooth ache
- De-realization, de-orientation and desensitization
- Temporary memory loss
Causes of Anxiety
- Post traumatic stress
- Experiencing panic phobia
- Major personal loss
- Side effects of medication
- Withdrawal of alcohol or illicit drug
- Acute illness
- Stimulant may also induce it
- Over breathing- release more carbon dioxide and take less oxygen
- Stress at work, school, college, personal relation, etc.
- Financial tension
- Stress due to natural disaster and physical abuse
- Brain chemical imbalance
Complications of Anxiety
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Excessive unrelenting worry
- Repressed libido, drowsiness and imbalance
- Alcoholism, drugs abuse and smoking
- Teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Continuous headache
- Digestion problem
- Cardiovascular complication
- Increases cholesterol level
- Hypertension and thicken blood vessels
- Suicidal tendency is high
- Fear of open space
- Loss of sexual drive
- Weaken of immune system
Risk Factors for Anxiety
- Persistent stress
- Serious illness
- Abnormalities in pituitary gland that control stress
- Chronic health condition
- Childhood trauma
- Women have twice the risk than men
- More prevalent to children
- Family dynamics and psychological aspects
- Social aloofness and threatening environment
- Pre-existing emotional disorder
- Separation from parents at the early stage
Yoga and Anxiety Treatment
Anxiety is the outcome of continuous fear, unnecessary thoughts, tension etc. Yoga helps to relax, and release tension, stress, strain and anxiety. Yoga, a component of alternative medicine, plays a bigger role in relaxing the mood and effectively enabling mental health anxiety. In fact, Yoga poses helps to achieve overall mental health thereby control anxiety and panic disorders. Yoga, yoga asana, pranayama, meditation, is beneficial in curing of anxiety and panic attack. Yoga poses ensure balanced blood supply to brain thereby ease anxiety and improves mood.
- Padmasana is helpful in relieving the physical, nervous and emotional problems.
- Shavasana is highly useful for stress related physical or mental tiredness. This is the yoga posture effective to reduce stress.
- Makarasana relieve the physical and mental tiredness.
- Pranayama helps a more peaceful state of mind by reducing stress and negative thinking. This is beneficial for all types of anxiety disorders.
- Sheetli pranayama plays vital roles in curing of panic attack disorders by keeping the mind cool and calm.
- Sheetkari pranayama minimized the impact of irritation, restlessness and impatience.
- Nadi Sodhana Pranayama quite effective to calm the body.
- Meditation focuses concentration and keeps your fears away.
- Meditation is effective to lower the level of anxiety.
- Forward and backward bending poses reduces excessive anxiety.
- Yoga Nidra acts on the subconscious level to bring about a state of homeostasis in the body and mind.
- Asanas maintain a healthy nervous system,
- Drop Basil leaves juice in the nostrils to soothe brain and used as ayurvedic treatment for anxiety.
- Use of ayurvedic herbs juice like Shankhushpi or Petha or Brahmi into the nasal show good result for anxiety.
- Ashwagandha handle stress effectively.
- Bacopa alleviates mental stress and exhaustion.
- Clarocet is good who is suffering from anxiety, depression and insomnia.
- Orange juice + honey are used as ayurveda for anxiety as well as to lessen heart beat.
- Grind almond + Milk + Saffron + Ginger + Nutmeg also help in calming down.
- Whole body massage reduces anxiety.
- For calming effect use tea of Tagar + Musta + 1 cup of warm water.
- Orange juice + Honey + Nutmeg powder are useful to relieve anxiety as well as lessen heart beat rate.
- Bath with Ginger + Baking soda helps to soothe anxiety.
- Ignatia amara, a product from the fruits of Strychnos ignatia, is quite effectiv for grief and used as homeopathic treatment for anxiety to ease from panic disorders.
- Homeopathic medicine like Natrum muriaticum keeps away focus from negative feelings and insults.
- Aconite napelus is used when somebody is experiencing great shock, even fear of death.
- For interview/examination/test anxiety used yellow jasmine.
- Staphysagria- for emotional anxiety.
- Aconitum napellus is used in case of immense anxiety.
- Argentum nitricum is helpful to overcome an anxiety before a big event like interview, marriage, public speech etc.
- Arsenicum album is given who is deep concern of their health and security.
- Calcarea carbonica is a remedy who starting fear due to illness and over worked.
- Gelsemium when somebody experiencing mental uneasiness weakness out of fear.
- Anxiety develops out of extreme workload from workplace, Kali phosphoricum is the suitable option.
- Lycopodium is recommended for mental stress and poor self confidence.
- When the patient is surrounded by acute anxiety, Phosphorous is suggested.
- Anti-anxiety diet in the form of multi-vitamin and minerals fight and eliminate anxiety. Diet like salads, fruits, soups, juices, sprout, green vegetables and boiled vegetables ward off anxiety.
- Diet and anxiety are interlinked as soothing natural diet like juices water, seasonal fruits etc. helps to ease anxiety.
- Hydrotherapy-Hot arm and foot bath, Mud bath, Neutral immersion bath, Cold spinal bath. Hydrotherapy lightens anxiety, stress and tension. It is the natural and simple way in relaxing and calming the mind.
- Acupuncture calm anxiety and alleviate from excessive worrying.
- Acupressure and reflexology calm down the level of anxiety.
- Plantain leaf sun bath soothe from anxiety.
- Massage therapy eliminates tension and reduces stress.
- Aromatherapy with jasmine, rose, sandalwood oil too reduce anxiety.
- Do regular exercise as it provides relaxation to body and mind thus minimized the scope of anxiety attack disorders.
- Foods like orange blossom, cloves, balm and lavender reduce the level of anxiety and good natural anxiety remedy.
- Interaction with the family and friends has calming and relaxing effect.
- Hot shower bath soothes anxiety impact.
- Holiday tour with dear and near ones is one of the major aspects to reduce social anxiety.
- Ashwagandha is a well-known herbal anxiety remedy.
- Give more attention to your sleeping.
- Food rich in calcium and amino acid has calming effect.
- Do yoga
- Do massage
- Balanced diet that contains vegetables, fruits, vitamin, minerals and whole grains is the best defense against anxiety attacks.
- The foods that lack vitamin B complex increased the feelings of anxiety.
- Eating process should be at regular interval of time instead of thrice a day.
- Caffeine is responsible for mood swing and anxiety.
- Alcohol exaggerates anxiety.
- Fresh juices and water relieves anxiety.
- Diet enriched in saturated fat seems to ease anxiety.
- Cut your spices as these foods stimulate your body and mind.
- Avoid acid forming foods.
- Vitamin B1 foods (Asparagus, Soy milk, Barley, Oats, Wheat, Sunflower Seeds, etc.) are good during anxiety.
- Avocados, Yogurt, Milk, Mushrooms etc. are friendlier foods for anxiety as these strengthen our immune system. .
- Vitamin B6 (Sweet potatoes, Avocados, Bananas, Mangoes, Sunflower Seeds, potatoes, etc.) helps to produce Serotonin that able t cope anxiety.
- Vitamin B12, Folic acid, Niacin, Patothenic acid, Alpha Linolenic acid, Biotin, Calcium etc. are also friendlier food for anxiety and panic.
- Increase the intake of starches as it has calming effect.
- Food sensitivities may show adverse impact upon anxiety.
- Foods like Milk, Bananas, Soy, contain tryptophan that show relaxing effect.
- Keep yourself away from chocolate, strong spices, sugar eggplant and peppers.
- Avoid fried or over cooked foods.
- Avoid spiced foods
- Avoid coffee, tea, cold drinks.
- Keep yourself away from smoking.
- Avoid pan masala, gutk, tobacco, etc.
- Avoid unhealthy substance like Alcohol, drug and beverages.
Anxiety and Ayurvedic Management
Ayurveda is a vital component of AYUSH that can bring balance between health body and anxiety. Ayurveda cures anxiety through simple natural treatment and ayurvedic medicine and herbal medicine. Various ayurvedic herbs are available to reduce the level of anxiety with ease. These days herbal tea for anxiety is also being used.
Homeopathic Treatment and Anxiety
Naturopathic Treatment and Anxiety
Anxiety may ruin the life of a person if effective remedial measures are not taken at the right time. Naturopathy treatments have considerable positive impact on anxiety without any side effect. Naturopathic medicines are safe and secure to cope up with anxiety disorders. Natural therapies and nature cure treatment balance health and effectively treat phobia, anxiety, panic disorders etc. However, for serious anxiety problems, it is better to consult a naturopathy physician.
Home Remedy for Anxiety Disorders
There are many effective home remedies for anxiety disorders. These are safe and easiest way to ease from anxiety, fear, stress and tension. People are using home made cure for anxiety disorders and social anxiety against the prescribed medicine. Some of the anxiety home remedy is given below links();
Diet and Anxiety
Diet plays an important role to ease from anxiety, panic disorders, phobia and other forms of anxiety disorders. Balanced diet and food rich in vitamin B-Complex are the best defense against anxiety attack. There are lots of foods or food products that exaggerate anxiety. Prevention is also necessary to control anxiety. As a preventive measures, foods like fried, over cooked and spiced foods should be avoided.