Yoga for Acidity, Heartburn, Intestinal Gas and Ulcer
Modern lifestyles and unhealthy eating habits lead to different stomach and intestinal diseases and disorders. Acidity, hyperacidity and ulcer are few of the stomach disorders that can be cure through yoga asana. Yoga therapy not only provides acidity relief, yet improves digestion and facilitates internal cleansing too.
Yogic and acidity
- Vajrasana(Throne Pose)- helps to improve digestion, decrease constipation, reduce flatulence or gas and acidity.
- Kunjal (Stomach wash) can wash strong acid from stomach. It is a good example of Yoga for hyperacidity and beneficial for chronic acidity.
- Paschimottanasana (Head to knee) - this yoga pose treat acidity as well as helps in the improvement of digestion.
- Bhujangasana (the Cobra Pose) massages the organs of digestive system, thus, helps to treat heartburn and yoga position for acidity.
- Ardha matsyendrasana (the Half Spinal twist Pose) treats digestive ailments like indigestion, acidity, gas problem and constipation.
- Sarvangasana (the Shoulder stand Pose) helps to remove various types of digestive ailments.
- Blood pressure may lead to acidity that can lessen by doing Meditation.
- Corpse Posture helps in proper digestion.
- Padahasthasana (the Foot-hand Pose) massages and tones up the digestive organs and helps to improve digestion and cure gastritis.
- Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose),
- Janu Shirsasana ( the Half back Stretching Pose)
- Viparit Karni (Upside Down Pose)
- Yoga postures like Tadasana (Mountain Pose) and Trikonasana (Triangle Pose) stretch and exercise the liver thereby reduces its acidic secretions.
- Sitting poses like Padmasana (Lotus Pose) and relaxing pose like Shavasana (Corpse Pose) helps to decrease gas or flatulence and useful yoga therapy for peptic ulcer.
- Virasana (Hero’s Pose) reduces fat around the thighs and increases digestion too.
- Makrasana (the Crocodile Pose)) massages the abdominal organs and reduces stress.
- Ujjayi (Ocean Breath), Kapalbhatti (Forced Air) and Shitali Pranayam (Cool Breath) has the capacity to counter acidity and gastric ulcer.
- Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose) is effective to get rid of gas.
- Sheetali Pranayama( the Cooling Breath) provides immediate relief from acidity reflux and acidity in stomach.
- Sheetkari pranayam (the Hissing Breath) help in reduction of burning sensation in the stomach and too ease from intestinal gas.
Alternative Health Thearpy: Treatment for Acidity
- Acidity Overview
- Yoga for Acidity
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity
- Acidity and Homeopathy
- Acidity and Naturopathy
- Home Remedies for Acidity
- Diet for Acidity
- Acidity Preventions