Diet for Acidity
Stomach acidity or hyperacidity is one of the most common diseases caused due to more acid formation or acid alkaline imbalance. About 20% population is suffering from this disease. To reduce acidity, there is a need to balance between acid and alkaline diets.
- Sour fruits, vegetables like citrus fruits, tomatoes, onion, leads to acidity or acidosis.
- Pickles, fried, oily and spicy foods causes gas in the stomach and comes under acidity diet.
- Avoid excessive chocolate to reduce acidity in the stomach.
- At night, try to avoid protein and calcium rich food.
- Cheese, junk foods do give rise to acidity.
- Soft drinks, tea, alcohol, coffee etc., increase acidity by damaging inner lining of the stomach
- Take more quantity of water as it aids your digestion.
Diet to Reduce Acidity
- Carbohydrate rich food should be preferred as these are associated with no acid formation.
- Fruits like apple, banana, dates and figs may be taken in more and more quantity as these are alkaline balanced diet.
- Take more and more coconut, ripened mango, kiwi, watermelon and pears.
- Leaves of carrot, celery and curry relives from acidity.
- Sweet potatoes, carrot and beet root are alkaline rich diet helps to control acidity.
- Seeds of cumin, coriander and cardamom overcome acidity.
- Avoid beverages like alcohol, coffee as these secrete more acid and damage the lining of stomach
- Over processed and fatty foods like junk ones demand heavy work to be done by the stomach.
- Acidic fruits like tomatoes and from citrus family should be prevented as it helps to maintain ph balanced.
- Go bye to overeating
- Cut your smoking to save the lining of the stomach.
Alternative Treatment for Acidity
- Acidity Overview
- Yoga for Acidity
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity
- Acidity and Homeopathy
- Acidity and Naturopathy
- Home Remedies for Acidity
- Diet for Acidity
- Acidity Preventions