Health Benefits of Standing Yogasana
- Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose): Tadasana increases height of children. The palm tree pose loosens the entire spinal muscles and also tones abdominal organs.
- Trikonasana (Triangle Posture): This triangle posture asana is helpful in increasing height among growing children. Trikonasana relieves backache and strengthen buttocks. This asana is very useful for sciatica patient. Trikonasana manages diabetes, cure pimples and wrinkles.
Image courtesy of marin at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Hastottanasana (Up-stretched Arms Posture): It is helpful in increasing height. It is beneficial in removing fats from hip and buttock. It also relieves from Constipation.
- Shankhaprakshalana: Shankhaprakshalana cleans the small and large intestine thoroughly. Shankhaprakshalana removes all toxic substance from the digestive system and purify blood. It is extremely beneficial for diseases like diabetes, hyperacidity and constipation.
- Katicakrasana (Lumbar-Wheel Posture): Katicakrasana is extremely beneficial in the management of Neck pain and Back pain.
- Ardhachakrasana (Half Wheel Posture): Ardhachakrasana posture helps to remove fats from the body and also helpful in back pain management.
- Parsvakonasana (Lateral Angle Posture): This yogasana melts fat around waist and hips; strengthen hearts and improves digestion.
- Vrksasana (Tree Posture): Increases knee and ankles flexibility and cure rheumatic pain.
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose): Garudasana is the most important yoga to enlarge testicles. It is beneficial in strengthening feet and thigh muscles and also helpful in relieving pain from these areas.
- Padahastasana (Arm Leg Pose): Padahastasana is helpful in curing obesity and constipation.
- Natrajasana (Lord of the dancers Pose): It is good for enhancing concentration.
- Talasana: Increases expansion and capacity of the lungs; and improves blood circulation. Encourages growth of the heart and other vital organs.
- Ekpadasana (One Leg Pose): Improves neuro-muscular coordination and enhances memory and concentration.
Benefits of Sitting Asanas
- Virasana (Hero’s Posture): Removes lethargy, and a person having the tendency of excessive sleeping should practice this asana. Virasana reduces waist and make the chest broad. Virasana is good for vigour and strength.
- Utkatasana (Dynamic Pose): Utkatasana is good in curing of arthritis and enhances digestion.
- Padmasana (Lotus Posture): Padmasana induces mental calmness, improves digestion, relieves constipation and develops memory and concentration.
- Siddhasana (Siddha Posture): Siddhasana helps to attain celibacy and good in awakening the kundalini.
- Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Posture): Vajrasana is good for digestion, strengthens thigh and calf muscles. Vajrasana helps in the management of sciatic infection.
- Swastikasana (Auspicious Posture): Swastikasana is useful for hyper-hydrosis. This yogasana is helpful for people who perspire excessively in summer.
- Siddha Yoni Asana ( Female Accomplished Pose): Siddha Yoni Asana is extremely beneficial for physical sexual organs of women.
- Bhadrasana (Gracious Posture): Bhadrasana is extremely beneficial in pregnancy and also facilitates easy child birth. Thus pregnant women should practice Bhadrasana.
- Simhasana (Lion Posture): Simhasana is helpful in overcoming lethargy and depression.
- Gomukhasana (Cow’s Face Pose): Gomukhasana is beneficial in the management of cervical spondylosis and bronchial asthma.
- Vakrasana (Twisting Posture): Vakrasana is helpful in diabetes, eases in constipation and increases the capacity of lungs.
- Vyaghrasana (Tiger Stretch Pose): Vyaghrasana loosens the stiff spines. Women suffering from sexual disease like leucorrhea should practice this asana.
- Ardhamatsyendrasanan (Half Spinal Twist Pose): Ardhamatsyendrasanan is helpful for diabetic patients and beneficial in the management of obesity.
- Udarakarshanasana: Udarakarshanasana is good for curing digestive diseases. It helps to relieve from constipation and also regulate the function of large intestine.
- Goraksasana: Goraksasana is extremely beneficial in the management of piles.
- Garbhasana: Garbhasana is beneficial in massaging and toning the abdominal organs.
- Pascimottanasana (Posterior-Stretched Posture): Pascimottanasana is good in the management of skin diseases and obesity.
- Kurmasana (Tortoise Posture): Kurmasana is helpful in the curing of knee pain and good for concentration.
- Uttanmandukasana (Stretched-Frog Posture): Uttanmandukasana is effectively manage cervical spondylosis.
- Ustrasana (Camel Posture): Ustrasana is one of the best yoga to reduce fat from abdomen region.
- Yogasana (Yoga Posture): Yogasana improves digestion and relieves constipation.
- Suptavajrasana (Lying Thunderbolt Posture): Suptavajrasana is useful in high blood pressure and relieves backache.
- Sasankasana (Hare Pose): Sasankasana is good in the management of sexual and gynaecological disorders.
- Mandukasana (Frog Pose): Mandukasana is extremely beneficial in releasing gases from the stomach thus relieves from gaseous problems.
- Adhomukhasvanasana: This yoga is extremely beneficial in case of contracted chest, weak back and drooping shoulders.
- Sukhasana: Sukhasana facilitates mental and physical balance, thus good for peace and tranquillity.
- Vrishasana (Bull Pose): Vrishasana is good for sexual organs.
- Parvatasana (Mountain Pose): Parvatasana is good for hip stretches and also good for frozen shoulder and muscular pain.
- Marichyasana: It helps to massage internal organs by increasing abdominal pressure. Marichyasana is also beneficial for diabetic patient.
- Hastapadangushtasana (Toe-Finger Pose): This Toe-Finger Pose prevents constipation and also helps in reducing the waistline fat.
- Dradhasana (Firm Pose): Good for emptying the stomach, so favour digestion. Helps to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Yoni Mudra/Shanmukhi Mudra: Shanmukhi Mudra practice helps in the treatment of eye, nose and throat infections.
Benefits of Lying Down Asanas
- Makrasana (Crocodile Posture): Makrasana is beneficial in removing mental and physical fatigue.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): Bhujangasana is beneficial in treatment of slipped disc and also helpful in relieving flatulence.
- Sarpasana (The Snake Pose): Sarpasana strengthens the spinal muscles. This asana is helpful in increasing lungs capacity. Sarpasana is good for heart due to good massage.
- Salabhasana (Locust Pose): Salabhasana is beneficial for asthma patient, gives relieve from neck and back pain.
- Yastikasana (Stick Pose): Yastikasana helps to increase height.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose): Dhanurasana is good in the management of diabetes, respiratory disorders and obesity.
- Saithalyasana (Animal Relaxation Pose): Saithalyasana is helpful in loosening the stiff spines. Due to compress of abdomen, it also facilitates massage to the internal organs.
- Marjariasana (Cat Stretch Pose): Marjariasana is the best asana for post pregnancy to tighten the abdominal muscles. Good for stiff and chronic backache. This Cat Stretch Pose is beneficial in improving of women sexual organs. Marjariasana also helps to relieve from menstrual cramps.
- Uttanpadasana (Raised Feet Pose): Uttanpadasana is extremely beneficial in balancing naval centre.
- Ardhahalasana (Half Plough Pose): Ardhahalasana is useful in piles and diabetes. The Half Plough Pose prevents cardiac disorder.
- Pawanmuktasana (Anti-flatus Pose): Pawanmuktasana is helpful in eliminating toxic gases from stomach and beneficial to melt abdominal fats.
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose): Matsyasana is good for throat diseases and beneficial in curing of women sexual malfunctioning.
- Cakrasana (Wheel Pose): Cakrasana delays the process of ageing and improves flexibility in bones and joints.
- Savasana (Corpse Posture): Savasana acts as a panacea in relieving of all type of tension.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra reduces pain, anxiety, anger and tension in the body, thus help in relaxing the mind so to the body. Since, Yoga Nidra helps to calm the mind, therefore, it is good to attain pratyahara.
Benefits of Topsy-Turvy Asanas
- Viparitakarnimudra (Technique of Retro Fusion): Viparitakarnimudra improves blood circulation and prevents hair fall. This yogic practices is good for sex organs, aids digestion, turns grey hair to the original colour, and regularizes the body with youthful vigour and delay ageing.
- Sarvangasana (All Limbs Pose): Sarvangasana prevents early aging and greying of hair.
- Setubandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Formation Posture): Setubandha Sarvangasana gives relief from stress, headache and migraine.
- Sirsasana (Head Stand Posture): Sirsasana increases blood circulation to head thus improves memory and concentration.
Benefits of Balancing Yogasanas
- Utthita Padmasana (Uplifted Lotus Pose): Utthita Padmasana prevents muscular weakness and develops upper arms.
- Naukasana (Boat Pose): Naukasana helps to remove fat around waist and the boat yoga pose is beneficial in treatment of gastric disorders.
- Kukkutasana (Cockerel Posture): Kukkutasana strengthens arms, shoulders and elbows.
- Bakasana (Crane Pose): Bakasana is good for balancing the body and removes the ailments of the shoulders.
- Mayurasana (Peacock Posture): Mayurasana is helpful in treating defective eyesight, good in relieving indigestion, constipation and flatulence.
Benefits of Pranayama
- Jalandharabandha (Chin Lock): Jalandharabandha helps in removing throat problems, and tonsillitis.
- Uddiyanabarndha (Abdominal Lock): Uddiyanabarndha improves blood circulation and strengthens all internal organs.
- Mulabandha (Anal Lock): Mulabandha is good to control sexual desire. Mulabandha is helpful to enjoy more sex with your life partner.
- Nadisodhana Pranayama: Nadisodhana Pranayama is good for vitality and longevity.
- Suryabhedhana Pranayama: Suryabhedhana Pranayama destroys intestinal worms and delaying the aging process.
- Ujjai Pranayama: Ujjai Pranayama is one of the few forms of Yoga which is extremely beneficial for removing of phlegm.
- Sitkari Pranayama: Sitkari Pranayama is beneficial in disease like throat.
- Sitali Pranayama: Sitali Pranayama provides cooling effect to the body, removes phlegm and helps to reduce the effects of poison from the body.
- Bhastrika Pranayama: Bhastrika Pranayama is good to cure phlegm, removes diseases of nose, chest and very helpful for asthma patients.
- Bhramari Pranayama: Bhramari Pranayama relieves tension and anxiety and pacifies the mind.
Benefits of Kriyas (Yogic Cleansing Techniques)
- Kunjal: Kunjal cleanses the stomach, helpful in lessening acidity and hyperacidity. It is also good for asthmatic patients.
- Vastradhauti (Cleansing with cloth): Vastradhauti is an effective treatment to cure Cough and Bronchitis.
- Jalabasti (Yogic Enema with Water): Basti is good for healthy stomach and intestine as it removes old stool, bacteria from the lower intestine. Jalabasti is good to cure constipation.
- Sthalabasti (Dry Enema): Sthalabasti removes flatulence and gives eases from constipation.
- Sutraneti (Nasal cleansing with Thread): Sutraneti is good for the health of brain cells, improves the function of eyes, and clear airflow in the passage of nostril.
- Jalaneti (Nasal Cleansing with Water): Jalaneti is extremely beneficial in treatment of chronic headache, insomnia and drowsiness. Jalaneti also prevents hair fall, cure forgetfulness and cough.
- Trataka (Purification of Eyes): Trataka is helpful more or less in curing of all type of eye diseases.
- Nauli (Abdominal Massage): Nauli is good for digestion and helpful in removing indigestion. Abdominal massage also reduces constipation and acidity.
- Kapalabhati (A kind of Breathing Exercise): Kapalabhati is helpful in the treatment of cough and cold, improves digestion and cures constipation, increases lungs capacity and good for healthy brain.
- Agnisara: Agnisara is helpful in improving digestion, reduces stomach fat after child birth.
- Kapalarandradhouti: It helps to remove headache and gives freshness to the body.
Benefits of Yogic Suksha Vyyaam
- Buddhi Tatha Dhriti Shakti Vikasaka Kriya: Improves blood circulation to the body and enhances brain functions.
- Medha-Shakti Vikasaka Kriya Improves blood circulation to head, good for memory and concentration.
- Netra-Shakti Vikasaka Kriya: This kriya is helpful to make eye healthy and beneficial in developing concentration.
- Smarana-Shakti Vikasaka Kriya: This kriya is very good to remove mental fatigue and improves memory and concentration.
- Griva-Shakti Vikasaka Kriya: It’s a good practice to relieve stress and tension from head, neck and shoulder regions.
- Rekhagati: This practice increases memory and concentration. It also gives balance to the body.
- Sarvangapushti: It is good in making the body supple and flexible. It is also beneficial in treatment of stiff back.
Benefits of Surya Namaskara
Surya Namaskara: Surya Namaskara increases concentration and calmness. It stretches all abdominal organs and improves digestion process and good in the treatment of constipation. Surya Namaskara stimulates all system of the body and enhances blood circulation. Stretch and extend are fully associated with sun salutation thereby helps in removing excessive fat. It also increases lungs health.
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation: Meditation helps to bring ultimate peace and quietness to mind. Dhyan leads the person to the highest level of spiritual experiences. Meditation reduces depression, stress and tension. Meditation also increases concentration, memory and clarity of thoughts.