The customary prayers of Muslim (Namaz), where physical movements of prayers (Sala’at) have been beautifully conglomerated with spiritual exercise, result to many surprising health and medicinal benefits. Namaz is the prescription from Allah for better health and fitness who offers it regularly. Thus, it is the natural way to keep oneself healthy. One can get the benefits of Namaz only if it is offered as they have been ordered by Allah and our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Namaz (Sala’at) should be offered coolly, calmly, religiously and spiritually to get maximum of its benefits.cc licensed ( BY ND ) flickr photo shared by Acizane
Top surprising benefits of Namaz
Health benefits of Ablution/Wudu/Wuzzo
- Wudu (Ablution) with water where one washes his hands, face, and feet region leads to preventing germs from the body thus promotes good health.
- Ablution (Wuzzo) stimulates biological active spots similar to Chinese Reflexo-Therapy, which has beneficial therapeutic effects on the hands, face and feet region.
- Ablution helps to relax the nervous system and eases tension, stress and anxiety.
- Washing hands five times a day (excluding washing before dietary intake) before Namaz means an effective way to keep germs away from the body.
- Hand washing is an efficient way to prevent spread of germs.
- Gargling during ablution (Wudu) is very important as it helps to remove germs, allergens and dust particles.
- Gargling with plain water reduces the chances of common cold to a greater extent thereby contribute to health and hygiene. Gargling also reduces viral respiratory infections. Gargling ensures reduction in bad breath too.
- Nose cleansing during Wuzzo removes dusts, allergens and contaminated matter. Nose cleaning with plain water helps to minimize the infections such as flu, sinusitis, cold and chest infections.
- Nasal cleaning with water overcomes nasal congestion and clear sticky matter in the nose.
- Nasal cleaning helps to treat allergic rhinitis, good for nasal dryness and improves breathing.
- Face washing during ablution is very beneficial for refreshing as well as improving the facial complexion.
- Face washing reduces the impact of oily skin and retarded the growth of acne, pimples, wrinkles, and other facial spots.
- Ears cleaning during ablution are quite effective to prevent wax accumulation. Cleaning ear with wet fingers five times a day is also good to remove dust and germs from the outer region of the ears.
- Washing the feet during Wuzo helps to cleaning dirts, fungus. It also acts like as acupressure while fingers are passing through the bottom area of the toes. Rubbing the toes with fingers is also good in case of diabetes and removing pain from the body. As lots of accu points are present in the upper and lower parts of toe regions and pressing these during ablution is helpful in curing of pain like back pain, arthritis, joints pain, etc.
- Offering Namaz (Sala’at) has many benefits such as spiritual, religious, physical, mental, social, economical, social, etc.
- Namaz is highly beneficial to activate all the seven Chakras as per the Yogic philosophy.
Namaz and Yoga
17. There is great correlation between Namaz and Yoga. Yoga rejuvenates the mechanism of body and mind. Yoga Therapy, a refreshing process as well as a cost-effective solution; try to find out the very root cause of diseases. It helps to restore harmony among various components of lifestyle- physical, social, emotional, spiritual, mental and psychological. The basic concept of Yoga is to relish and cherish the life with exhilarating excitement. The system provides psychological and emotional well-being. Being drugless therapies, it enhances sustainable and functional ability of the body. The same case is also with Namaz. Yoga and Namaz is certainly a substitute of stress and disease free personality.
Namaz is the finest form of meditation
18. Namaz is one of the best forms of meditation or Dhyan from Yogic point of view where the person unilaterally surrenders to Allah. Meditation is defined as the uninterrupted flow of mind towards a particular object. Namaz is one of the best stress buster and tension reliever modules. Namaz (Sala’at) is the perfect example of meditation where the performer thinks only and only about Allah. Thus, Namaz provides the ultimate satisfaction and peace to the mind thus save you from many diseases and disorders. It enhances your concentration and reduces the level of depression. Namaz helps to develop positive milieu around the Namazi.
Namaz and physical health benefits
19. Namaz has multiple many health and fitness benefits. Some of the important physical health benefits are as follow:
- Namaz is one of the important means for health, happiness and harmony.
- Offering regular Namaz keeps one fit and healthy by burning extra calories thereby losing weight. Namaz is one of the effective ways for weight loss as well as to control obesity.
- Namaz stretches your muscles and helps to provide tone body.
- It is good to overcome arthritis as Namaz is good to enhance flexibility of the body and reduces stiffness.
- Namaz is a good source to balance Anabolic and Catabolic bio-chemical process of the body.
- Namaz is good for heart, brain, above all for the entire body.
- Standing posture in Namaz (Qiya’m) ensures proper blood flow the lower portion of the body. It is also good in strengthening the leg muscles.
Health benefits of Ruk’u
20. The forward bending position of Namaz (Ruk’u) is good for your lower vertebral column. It helps to ease your back pain as per Yogic philosophy. Doing Ruku properly helps to control backache and vertebral column related diseases. Namaz Ruku is effective in developing flexibility to shoulder, elbowm wrist, knees and ankle regions. Ruku exerts abdominal pressure thereby eases constipation and peristaltic movements. During Ruku, the kidney experiences a sort of massage thus helpful to kidney problems.
Health benefits of Sajdah
21. During Sajdah, one sit in Vajrasana, a very important yoga pose from health point of view. Vajrasana strengthens the thigh and calf muscles. It is good for digestion and keeps your spine firm and erect. Sajdah is very beneficial in the proper functioning of brain, lungs, body muscles, joints and entire vertebral column. Sajdah helps to maintain smooth blood to the brain region, and also stimulates the master gland pituitary gland as well as the pineal gland. Sajdah reduces the chances of brain hemorrhage and headache due to smooth blood flow to the head region. While performing Sajdah, the toes are experiencing acupressure which is good for better health of the body, especially for body pains.
Health benefits of Sala’m (Neck Yoga)
22. Salam is the excellent form of neck and upper vertebra exercise. Namaz’s Salam is the Griva-sakti-vikasaka (Strengthening the Neck) of Yogic Sukshma Vyayama, which is helpful in loosening the neck joints and also helps to relax the shoulder and upper back muscles. Salam helps to refresh all the nerves passes through the neck, thus good in case of headache and contend migraine.