After the age of Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation, the Hotel Industry and Tourism Industry have experienced robust growth. Since, more or less all the states are giving utmost thrust on Tourism. therefore, the scope and significance of Hotel Management are increasing day by day. The deserving candidate are getting handsome salary in this field.
Hotel Management Courses
A number of courses are offered in the field of Hotel Management. The different courses are
- Diploma in Hotel Management (DHM)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management ( PGDHM)
- M.Sc. in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management
- Diploma in Housekeeping
- Diploma in Bakery
- Diploma in Confectionary
Hotel Management Courses Eligibility
For both Diploma and Bachelor Hotel Management courses, the minimum qualification is 10+2. Since, Hotel Industry is a big business, and an important part of tourism; its importance getting multiplied because of larger number of people around the world visited India every year. Therefore, English is the compulsory subject. More or less all the institutions take written test for the courses followed by group discussion (GD) session and interview round.
Hotel Management Jobs – Jobs Opportunity
After the boom in tourism industry, there is no as such dearth of jobs in Hotel Management. After passing out from the respective institutions, one can get job in the catering sector of railways, airlines, shipping companies, banks, etc. There is a greater possibility of jobs are also available in hotels, hospitals, factories, university canteens, etc.
Hotel Management Career
Hotel management industry in its booming stage. Presently, about 2.5 million people are working in the field of hotel, catering and allied industry in India. As the number of Urban centres and Urban agglomerations are increasing day by day; the job prospects are also multiplying.
Hotel Management Admission: Best Hotel Management Colleges
- AK Hafizka College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies & Research, Mumbai (www.anjumanihmct.org )
- Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore (www.aihmctbangalore.com)
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, New Delhi ( www.bcihmct.ac.in)
- IGNOU( www.ignou.nic.in)
- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Noida ( www. nchmct.org)
- LBIIHM, Delhi (www.lbiihm.com)
- Kurushetra University (www.kuk.ac.in)
- Noida College of Hotel Management (www.nchmnoida.com)
- Nam Institute of Professional Studies, New Delhi ( www.namedu.net)
- FHRAI Institute of Hospitality Management, Greater Noida (www.fhraiinstitute.com)
- Heritage Institute of Hotel and Tourism, Agra (www.hihtagra.com)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore (www.ihmbangalore.com)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology, & Applied Nutrition, Mumbai ( www.ihmctan.edu)
- Merit Swiss Asian School of Hotel Management, Ooty, (www.meritworldwide.com)
- Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development, New Delhi (www.oberoihotel.com)
- Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal (www.manipal.edu)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Applied Nutrition, Dehradun
- Institute of Hotel Management at Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Bhubneshwar, Chennai, New Delhi, Gantok, Goa, Gurdaspur and Guwahati
Types of Hotel Management Jobs
- General Manager
- Resident Manager
- Executive Housekeepers
- Front Office Manager
- Convention Services Manager
Top Hiring Companies
Companies which are hiring managers and housekeeper:
Oberoi Group of Hotels, Peerless Group of Hotels, Sinclairs Groups of Hotels, Fortune Park Group of Hotels, ITDC Group of Hotels, Jaypee Group of Hotels, K Raheja Group of Hotels, LeMeridian Group of Hotels, Taj Group of Hotels, Tulip Star Group of Hotels, Welcome Heritage Group of Hotels, ITC Group of Hotels, Ambassador Group of Hotels, Mansingh Group of Hotels, etc.
Hotel Management Salary and Package
Remuneration and Package in Hotel Management varies from organisation to organisation. The salary for different type of jobs is ranges from Rs. Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000. The deserving candidates get fat salary.