Ponty Chadha’s Early Life History
- Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty Chadha born in 1957 at Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh.
- Basically, his family belongs to Pakistan, migrated to Moradabad (India) at the time of partition.
- Ponty Chadha has two bothers-One is Hardeep Singh Chadha and another one is Rajender Singh Chadha.
- Gurdeep Singh Chadha used to sell snacks with his father in front of a liquor shop in Moradabad, but fortune turns when his father got a license of running a liquor shop in Moradabad.
- Ponty Chadha was a liquor baron worth Rs. 6, 000 crore. He has expanded his liquor business in Uttr Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand and New Delhi.
- Ponty Chadha has a business of Rs. 6000 crore Wave Inc- a corporation of companies.
- His company Wave Inc comprises Wave Industries, Wave Infratech, Wave distilleries and Breweries.
- Ponty Chadha was the Managing Director of Wave Inc.
- Ponty Chadha was also associated with other business such as sugar, distilleries, paper manufacturing, bottling plants, real estate and film distribution.
- He was the sole handed leader of wholesale liquor business in Uttar Pradesh onward 2009, which provided him a fatty income.
- He was known and familiar with many big heavyweights of both political as well as bureaucratic circles.
- His company has wave cinemas in Delhi, Noida, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Moradabad, Haridwar and Kaushambi.
- They are also in film distribution business, especially in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. Chadha under the banner of Ginni Arts distributed some important films such as Ready, No Entry Gadar: Ek Prem Katha and Khakee
- Ponty Chadha was one of the most powerful businessmen in the field of Liquor and real estate.
- His family wealth has been estimated between $ 1 billion to $10 billion.
Ponty Chadha’s Business-Liquor, Real Estate, Film
Ponty Chadha and Shootout-Who killed Ponty Chadha
- Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep Singh Chadha alias Satnam died at shootout over controlling feud of family business.
- Ponty Chadha was hit by bullet several times by his brother Hardeep Singh on November 17, 2012 when Ponty was trying to come out from his SUV at farmhouse number 21, Central Drive , Chhatarpur, New Delhi.
- Hardeep Singh was killed by Sachin Tyagi, the guard of Sukhdev Singh Namdhari. Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, the chairman of Uttarakhand Minority Commission was accompanying Ponty Chadha during his visit to the farmhouse as he said to the police.
- A case was registered on Namdhari’s complaint under section 302 (murder) and 307 ( attempt to murder) and Arms Act.
- The two brothers received 20 bullets among them during the shootout. Out of the 20 bullets, 12 was received by Ponty Chadha and rest eight was received by his brother Hardeep Chadha, said the Police.
Ponty Chadha’s Successor
Manpreet Monty, the 30-year old son of Ponty Chadha is seemed to be the successor of his father. Currently, he is the joint managing director of Wave Inc. But there is a possibility of Rajinder Chadha who is presently the MD of Wave may be the successor of his elder brother.